"Jumpy" video on 811?

Pwilli

Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I posted this before - sometimes on my 811 the video seems to jump, freeze or skip a frame. I see it on standard and HD channels. Is this something that others have noticed and will be fixed with new software; or is my 811 defective?

Thanks!

Patrick

I have seen that on OTA only, tuned to a digital channel. Switching away and back to the channel seems to fix it. Among my list of 811 problems, this is a low priority. Never seen stuttering on a satellite channel.

Keith.

Pwilli said:
I posted this before - sometimes on my 811 the video seems to jump, freeze or skip a frame. I see it on standard and HD channels. Is this something that others have noticed and will be fixed with new software; or is my 811 defective?

Thanks!

Patrick

I saw it this past week for the first time, on Discovery HD. I just did a channel down/channel up and it was fine.

AcuraCL said:
I saw it this past week for the first time, on Discovery HD. I just did a channel down/channel up and it was fine.

It looks to me like the 811 is dropping frames. I see it all the time. Often, once a minute or so. Channel down/up (or visa versa) does no good. I'm using legacy LNBS and switches. Signal level averages mid 80's.

With all the other 811 bugs, I figured this was yet another one. If the software updates promised for next week and June don't correct this, I'll be on the phone to one of Charlie's "escalation" CSRs.

Jaspear said:
It looks to me like the 811 is dropping frames. I see it all the time. Often, once a minute or so. Channel down/up (or visa versa) does no good. I'm using legacy LNBS and switches. Signal level averages mid 80's.

With all the other 811 bugs, I figured this was yet another one. If the software updates promised for next week and June don't correct this, I'll be on the phone to one of Charlie's "escalation" CSRs.

That may be a different thing you are talking about.

I think what PW is describing, and what I saw, is very regular and rhythmic. It's like a film where every other set of sprockets has been cut. Smooth jump smooth jump smooth jump. Very consistent.

Maybe it is the same thing. I just know channel up/down fixes it right away, when I see it.

It's NOT a constant thing - and it's not the kind of thing you have to correct for. It only lasts a split second or so, it almost looks like a "stutter" instead of a freeze. But I do see it a couple of times an hour or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)