June bill down $5

langlin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Ozark Mountains
My June bill just posted, down $5. I now pay 29.99 for Absolute with locals. This is the second reduction this year for me, also down $4 on equipment with the new pricing. I could get to liking E's new pricing policies.:)

I have top 120 with locals. smallest package i can get and i have bronze HD. my bill is $59/month. hope it goes down when it posts later this month...

Mine just went up another $5 for June. DTV just came out with their Whole House gear. It's lookin' mighty interesting.

Grumble... keep gloating..... ;)
Worst thing I ever did was quit HD Absolute and Dish to try out FIOS. Now that I'm back with Dish after being less than happy with FIOS, I'm having to pay the same $29.99 for Dish America that you do for Absolute. And I get less than 40% of the channels that you get.

Don't EVER give up Absolute if you have it!

And yes, I've begged with Executive Relations to get HD Absolute back, but there really is no budging once you've left Dish Network. I don't blame em, but I'd sure love it if someone somehow got me that package back.

My June bill just posted, down $5. I now pay 29.99 for Absolute with locals. This is the second reduction this year for me, also down $4 on equipment with the new pricing. I could get to liking E's new pricing policies.:)

My bill for Absolute with locals also went down $5, so I've been wondering if that was a mistake or if they cut the cost $5/month in the latest pricing adjustments. Thank you for posting, as now I know it wasn't just my account and this was probably not just a mistake!

I still have a $10/month credit on my account (for a few more months) for renewing my commitment awhile back, so I now pay $19.99 per month for a great HD lineup! I'm never canceling Absolute even though there are a few channels I'd like to add (I'd love to add the multi-sports package, for example).

I'm still on my original 622 from when I signed up with Dish in 2006, so at least Dish hasn't spent much on equipment for me. I tried U-Verse for 3 months side-by-side with Dish and thought that Dish was a much better choice for my family.

If it is a mistake, the best way to keep it, is to not tell everybody, which you just did. Oh well, to late now. We will just have to wait to see if our bill goes back up, blabbermouths.

My bill for Absolute with locals also went down $5, so I've been wondering if that was a mistake or if they cut the cost $5/month in the latest pricing adjustments. Thank you for posting, as now I know it wasn't just my account and this was probably not just a mistake!

I still have a $10/month credit on my account (for a few more months) for renewing my commitment awhile back, so I now pay $19.99 per month for a great HD lineup! I'm never canceling Absolute even though there are a few channels I'd like to add (I'd love to add the multi-sports package, for example).

QUOTE]

gokamoto, on my dish home page it now shows an option to add the multi-sports package for $7, I don't know if it works cause I don't want the package but it was not on my page before June 1 and since I have Absolute it may be a mistake but look and see if you too have the option.

QUOTE]

gokamoto, on my dish home page it now shows an option to add the multi-sports package for $7, I don't know if it works cause I don't want the package but it was not on my page before June 1 and since I have Absolute it may be a mistake but look and see if you too have the option.

If you try to add it, it says that we don't have a valid base package. Oh and my bill went down another $5!!!

Nice! Always feels good to get the same thing for less money. Dish Network has some really competitive pricing nowadays and with the free HD for life, its just that much better.

Have you contacted Dish to set that up yet?

Nice! Always feels good to get the same thing for less money. Dish Network has some really competitive pricing nowadays and with the free HD for life, its just that much better.

Have you contacted Dish to set that up yet?

Can't get free HD for life because I have HDAbsolute but I don't care, I have all the HD channels we want and the price is great.

No change on my bill. Absolute is still 34.99 with locals for me. Billed from 6/11 to 7/10. Wonder what's going on. :confused:

:D
Same here. Happy as ever!

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 53.81
May 11 Payment - Thank You -53.81
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
Jun 10 - Jul 09 dishHD Absolute With Locals 34.99
HD DuoDVR Receiver 17.00 :(
TV2 Connection 5.00
DVR Service 6.00
$ 62.99
Other Charges and Credits
Oct 09 dishHD Absolute With -5.00 :)
Feb 14 DISH Network DVR Service -6.00
$ -11.00

I wonder why it has Oct 09 as the service date.

My Absolute w/locals went down $5 for the statement dated 6/6-7/5, no explanation on the statement. Maybe Charlie Absolute-ly loves his frugal subs!

Maybe ya'll will be the next target when the bi-annual price hikes come through.:dev We seem to get them in February and now in June too.

Yep mine went up $3 this month and will go up $2 more after next month when my last loyalty credit expires. Over half of my bill is now receiver fees and because we can fees. Think I am going to give up my 722 that I have had since they first came out and get a second 211. Then I lose the dvr fee, tv 2 fee, drop the supers and the protection plan and I save $24 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)