Just a friendly warning about DishStore.net/Metro25's rebate scam

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
First of all we are discounting "FREE" so there really is no way to give a reduction at the point of sale, especially considering that not every sale is going to get installed.

Second of all, I don't think we have ever had an issue of a customer waiting excessively long to receive a rebate or gift with purchase with any of our promotions

As far as shipping, putting a first class stamp on a gift card is like sending cash in the mail. You need tracking, signature and insurance. You know how many times I have gotten calls from customers saying their never received their gift? You need a tracking number with a signature to back everything up, or your taking the customers word for it and shipping out a replacement at your expence.

I'm not speaking for the last person that commented on the fee, but my point was that it should just be deducted from the rebate before it's advertised. If Dish is budgeting $125 for the rebate and the fee from the marketing company is $16, then advertise it as a $109 rebate. Advertising it as a $125 rebate and then requiring that you mail in a check for $16 is at a minimum sleazy and I'm almost certain it's illegal under Federal and several states' laws. I won't be able to hold you to it since I won't be ordering Dish again through the promo, but I hope you are not just jerking me around by saying there is no longer a S&H fee. I notice that the amounts of the rebate advertised have not changed on the site, so I guess you're eating the fee?

i doubt it will get changed in the advertising. obviously its more profitable to only refund those who actually complain about the fee as most will probably just let it slide.

i get the point the OP is making. whether or not the refund is being given, the problem that made there be a need for the refund is not being fixed. Either advise of the cost of the redemption fee, or lower the amount of the redemption total by 16.00.

There is not going to be any shipping charges anymore, and if there is shipping charges them I will re-imburse the customer.

i doubt it will get changed in the advertising. obviously its more profitable to only refund those who actually complain about the fee as most will probably just let it slide.

i get the point the OP is making. whether or not the refund is being given, the problem that made there be a need for the refund is not being fixed. Either advise of the cost of the redemption fee, or lower the amount of the redemption total by 16.00.

What part of what Claude said do you not understand? NO shipping charges is what he said. He follows up that, if you were charged, with he'll reimburse it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)