Just a heads up...

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Attention: Flex Pack customers

I took off the SiriusXM pack today and was hit with a $5 removal fee. I contacted DIRT on Facebook and Erika took care of it (Thank you) but she mentioned to me the following:
--------------------
Thank you for that information, Gary. The $5 programming change fee does not apply to the following packages:

Locals Pack
Variety Pack
National Action Pack
Heartland Pack
Kids Pack
Regional Action Pack
Outdoor Pack
Variety Pack
News Pack.

If you have any other questions let us know and we'll be happy to help. -Erika P.
--------------------
So evidently the SiriusXM and Latino Bonus Pack get hit with the removal charge. Dish needs to workout the details so as to avoid this type of confusion.

Went online to cancel stars and the dish movie pack. Got a pop up on both for 50% off for 6 months. Accepted the offer and got charged a $5 programming change on each of them.

Not sure if I need to call in or just suck it up. Kind of dirty IMO.

Went online to cancel stars and the dish movie pack. Got a pop up on both for 50% off for 6 months. Accepted the offer and got charged a $5 programming change on each of them.

Not sure if I need to call in or just suck it up. Kind of dirty IMO.
I hope that is a bug in the system but every 6 months I get the $5 charge times three so I have an ongoing conversation with speedy saying they did it again and it get credited back.

I hope that is a bug in the system but every 6 months I get the $5 charge times three so I have an ongoing conversation with speedy saying they did it again and it get credited back.

Thanks, I sent speedy a pm regarding this. He's off till Tuesday, have to wait till then for a response. That's ok, because whatever he does is done right and without hassle.

How log did you have Stars and DMP? Was it over 30 days?

Also, Latino Bonus is not a Flex Pack. It is an add on that can be added on to any American package, and for that the $5 change fee has always applied. I don’t know much about the SiriusXM Pack, so I cannot speak on it’s behalf.

Also, Latino Bonus is not a Flex Pack. It is an add on that can be added on to any American package, and for that the $5 change fee has always applied. I don’t know much about the SiriusXM Pack, so I cannot speak on it’s behalf.
Well, they certainly make it look that way on the website when you go to make changes:

upload_2017-11-6_16-56-22.png

I'm sorry but this is some confusing crap. Dish needs to either just end the Flex or make it crystal clear what is and isn't included. I contacted Dish on FB and after commenting I was not happy being accessed the fee, Erika agreed to remove it but some may not be so lucky in the future.

I'm sorry but this is some confusing crap. Dish needs to either just end the Flex or make it crystal clear what is and isn't included. I contacted Dish on FB and after commenting I was not happy being accessed the fee, Erika agreed to remove it but some may not be so lucky in the future.

The couple times I got charged the fee, the Dish reps told me it was a “glitch,” but I would think a glitch would’ve been fixed by now

I have. Some have reported here receiving channels they weren't supposed to be subscribed to, likely due to a free preview that ended but the channel never got de-authorized.

That's good to hear, I think. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts