[Other Topic] Just a Hunch on why RadioDiscussion really went down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I may be way off base on this but maybe the real reason RD went down and Scott hasn't heard from the new owner is pressure from tv,radio etc stations. I don't think stations care to have open forums around talking about them. Could be that New owners were paid off to kill the site for good and I'm sure that some of what was chatted about on RD broadcasters didn't like and had no control on removing negative threads and posts.

Last edited:
I have been talking to a lot of radio people... I was kind of upset no one was posting here even though they all emailed and PMed me thinking it was a great idea.

And the reason they are not posting is because they don't want to... they want a place where they can lurk and ready about their station and whats happening in their area... and only comment when necessary.

I guess that is a valid reason, and I do see those people here daily checking and just reading.

Many radio boards also don't have the polite approach you offer here, either; Scott and some allow the conversations to get much more negative than is seen on Satguys.

Given a good look at this board's posts, it is obvious that members are not here (nor allowed) to constantly insult and slam each other, a practice which
seems very common on (some) media boards. If media people want that ability, they won't find it here obviously....and for that, I, for one,
am grateful...and glad they don't find a "home" here if that's their "way."

Many radio boards also don't have the polite approach you offer here, either; Scott and some allow the conversations to get much more negative than is seen on Satguys.

Given a good look at this board's posts, it is obvious that members are not here (nor allowed) to constantly insult and slam each other, a practice which
seems very common on (some) media boards. If media people want that ability, they won't find it here obviously....and for that, I, for one,
am grateful...and glad they don't find a "home" here if that's their "way."

I was certainly "corrected" by board mods a few times during my many years on Radio Discussions (Radio Info). I had a few posts moved to "TIO" :)

Hmmm! interesting! I will look into this site more.Is it new?Maybe its radio discussions with a new name.I took a quick look and saw one persons name in the ct section who was very active in rd.

Radio insight has been around since 2006. The owner of radio in sight was one of the original founding members radio info.com. It was created when radio info parents of Doug Flemming decided to take the discussion boards into a different direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)