Just a rant

Nitehawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
California
I have been a satellite subscriber since 1997.I started with Prime Star then moved to Directv.Back to cable when it went digital,what a joke lol.Then Dishnetwork.This is only one opinion.So here it goes.The prices of all of these services has been way of control.Every year it continues to go over and beyond what is acceptable.If you have the money to spend on this stuff then great.But come on it's just TV.I know dvr,hd,mpeg4, that is all good.But why should we be subjected to these hefty price increases over and over again.I have an entry level home theater set up.I have dish with 1 811 and 1 522.I really do enjoy this service when it is working.I have had problems with some of the same things that are discussed through out these forums.I'm seriously considering buying an hd tuner from a local chain store.I'm lucky to have off air hd for FREE.I also have a nice little dvd library and I can always rent from a local chain store.Now remember this is just my own opinion.I'm not trying to bash any service provider or subscriber that is willing to pay for thses services.Anyway just a rant.It's going to be a very interesting year in the Satellite community.

Nitehawk777

Well, at least you got that off your chest... LOL

You are right, about the prices being too high, but hey you can't expect Charlie and Rupert to work for normal wages, now could you???

Just think, TV entertainment used to be free to the Consumer, and the Advertisers paid for the programing!!! Now the Advertisers still pay for the programming (Big Bucks I might ADD) and they found out that the Consumer was willing to pay too!!! RONTGLMAO....

If you get the PanSat or CoolSat FTA Receiver, they have the Converter built in, and will allow you to hook your Off Air into them, and have "Component Out"... Viola, now all you have to do is hook up a motorized Dish to the receiver, and you can cancel that expensive Dish network System!!! After all, it's only TV, and the local channels are the important ones to watch...

There will always be enough room, for more competition!!!

Well, I agree that prices are kind of high, but unless we're happy with over-the- air stations, we all just have to pay. I guess it's all relative to how you see it. If to you it's "just tv" than you're likely to find it too high, but I you're like me and many others who think of it as entertainment and a hobby than maybe we're less likely to complain. Besides, who else has a few billion bucks sitting around to start up a new service and charge a lot less? By the way, I hope you feel better after your rant, we all need to do that now and then.

My Dish bill went up $2.02- got it yesterday. But when I move to the ViP622, it'll go up at least another $20, IIRC.

I console myself with memories of how bad the local cableco was, and how much more expensive cable is around here.

That being said, I did check to see when Fios might be available in my neighborhood. Verizon won't say, but documents they filed with the county indicate sometime between 2008-2012. And if I went with Fios, I couldn't take my satellite dish with me to the RV, as I have in the past. Nice to still get your TV shows in the RV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)