Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone. It was barely a week ago that I setup my first fta (stationary) setup. I was pretty excited, but it was no time at all, I wanted a motorized setup.

I got a setup from Sadoun (came with a classic NA) on ebay and then upgraded a few options (dish to 90cm) etc. I also a while back picked up a Mercury II on ebay for $60 shipped so I was geeked on that too.

Anyways, I got all my stuff today from sadoun and had my quickrete (fast setting), 2inch pole (PSB recommendation from a post somewhere on here) and already had my line trenched in.
I took everyone's advice here that I read. Had a receiver, and little tv out there with me. I can't hit true south well from me, but I just set it up and let USALs find SBS 6 for me. ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT I got 75 singal, 68 quality IIRC. Did a little peaking and got both solidly above 70. Did scan and got my first channels from the new system. Swung over to AMC 6 and she locked right on. Wow I was so proud of myself for getting it pretty accurate on my first attempt without a real true south sat to test from.

I'm still playing with it, but man this is fun. I like the mercury II for the most part except it seems I have to add a few more sats than I would have thought. Oh well, good to know how to do.

Anyways, thanks for all the informative posts. I did my homework on this setup and the research paid off in time saved. Thanks again!

A FEEL GOOD story :)

Thanks for posting, so often on the forum we hear of members having trouble with their setup, its nice to read a success story :hatsoff:

Take your time as half the fun is the setup!

Good job!

I think the key was being prepared (pole in ground, concrete curing) and doing research.

Satelliteguys is a storehouse of great information and tips. Thanks guys!

SatinKzo said:
I'm still playing with it, but man this is fun.

I can really identify with your experience. But must warn you that this FTA stuff can be (is) addictive!

Well I watched a few news feeds tonight, man that is kinda odd watching for the first time. Pretty darn funny!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)