Just added 2nd hr24 for free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

driz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2012
So, I had an online offer pop up to "upgrade to an hd-dvr for free." I already have an hr-24, so I was kinda confused so I called in, and the csr said "nope, we don't see that offer, but we can set you up with a genie for $299 or an hd-dvr for $199, or an hd receiver for $99 + $49 install." Needless to say I politely declined and hung up. I went ahead and did the order online, got the hd-dvr for free and free installation. Today when the tech called before the install, I said that I would require an hr24, an rf remote, and a wireless CCK. He gave me the standard "well, ya get whatever I have on the truck" and I said I would refuse the install without the hr24. Oddly, he was about 30 minutes later than he said and just happened to have the hr24 and an rf remote. Only thing he didn't have was the wireless CCK, but he said to call in and not relent until they send me one. Also, I did not have to extend my contract for 2 years, since I extended it previously to get ST they only added 10 months.

So, I had an online offer pop up to "upgrade to an hd-dvr for free." I already have an hr-24, so I was kinda confused so I called in, and the csr said "nope, we don't see that offer, but we can set you up with a genie for $299 or an hd-dvr for $199, or an hd receiver for $99 + $49 install." Needless to say I politely declined and hung up. I went ahead and did the order online, got the hd-dvr for free and free installation. Today when the tech called before the install, I said that I would require an hr24, an rf remote, and a wireless CCK. He gave me the standard "well, ya get whatever I have on the truck" and I said I would refuse the install without the hr24. Oddly, he was about 30 minutes later than he said and just happened to have the hr24 and an rf remote. Only thing he didn't have was the wireless CCK, but he said to call in and not relent until they send me one. Also, I did not have to extend my contract for 2 years, since I extended it previously to get ST they only added 10 months.

Congrats and enjoy!!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts