Just added a second HD receiver and unable to get 129 now on it

Snookie

Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
I just bought a new lcd for our bedroom and i found a good deal on a 622 so i figured why not. We currently have Dish 1000 with a DP34.

I've had this going to 4 receivers. 1 ViP211, 2 - 311s, and a 501. I replaced the 311 with the ViP622. Got it activated and all that. However when I do check switch it finds 129 but I just get an X and it says no Signal. 110 and 119 are fine. When I check my 211 its there and fine, and i get all my HD content.

So right now i have a gimped 622 with barely any hd content. Not really sure what to check or where to start. I'm also not sure if i have Dish 1000 or 1000.2 :(

Do you have two cable runs to the 622? You need two cable runs from the DP34 switch to the dual tuner receiver. If you want to use just one cable run, you need a DPP44 switch and a DP Separator.

Well I checked my switch again and it said DP 34 with separator.

Right now I have it hooked up with 1 cable feeding both sat in 1 and sat in 2 with the little separator that came with the 622.

So do i split the cable coming from my dish then, or could i just do 1 cable and plug it in sat in 1 and be done with it. I think i tried that and i still wasnt able to pick up 129.

DP 34 isnt compatible with a DPP seperator so you'll need to run two lines from the switch to the 622 or get a dpp44 switch and then you can use the seperator.

So i HAVE to run 2 lines no matter what? I can't just run 1 line it for only 1 sat in connection?

So i HAVE to run 2 lines no matter what? I can't just run 1 line it for only 1 sat in connection?

As mentioned above by myself and another member, you can use one cable run if you use a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch. If you want to keep the DP34 switch, you'll need to run two cable runs.

well considering I already have 4 lines coming off my dp34 to 4 different receivers it doesnt sound like thats an option. So it sounds like I need to go with a Dp44 then.

Also aside from that since i've put in the 622 my connection keeps dropping from the other tvs as well.

well considering I already have 4 lines coming off my dp34 to 4 different receivers it doesnt sound like thats an option. So it sounds like I need to go with a Dp44 then.

Also aside from that since i've put in the 622 my connection keeps dropping from the other tvs as well.

That's probably because the DP34 is acting up with the DP separator in the mix. Remove the DP separator and connect the cable run to just SAT 1 in the 622 receiver and run check switch. The other TVs shouldn't have problems after doing that.

Well to make a long story short my dp34 couldn't cut it with all my receivers on it. I originally tried just using my one sat in connection to the sat 1 input on the 622 and it wouldnt pick up 129. At this point the separator was never in play. So I moved the 622 to output 1 on the dp34, my 211 on 2, the 510 on 3 and 311 on 4, and this made no difference. So I called dish tech support, and he told me the 622 is drawing everything out of my dp34 and thats why my other receivers kept dropping there signal.

So we decided to upgrade my system which means they are replacing my 211 with another 622, a new dish 1000 plus with a dp44 switch, and they are removing one of my 311's since i can just run my second tv from one of the 622's. It was some holiday promotion so its 99 for the upgrade and then there is a $100 rebate :)

So now i'll have 2 622's and a 510 for my kitchen tv. Oh an the dp44!

Thanks guys for your help though.

Well to make a long story short my dp34 couldn't cut it with all my receivers on it. I originally tried just using my one sat in connection to the sat 1 input on the 622 and it wouldnt pick up 129. At this point the separator was never in play. So I moved the 622 to output 1 on the dp34, my 211 on 2, the 510 on 3 and 311 on 4, and this made no difference. So I called dish tech support, and he told me the 622 is drawing everything out of my dp34 and thats why my other receivers kept dropping there signal.

So we decided to upgrade my system which means they are replacing my 211 with another 622, a new dish 1000 plus with a dp44 switch, and they are removing one of my 311's since i can just run my second tv from one of the 622's. It was some holiday promotion so its 99 for the upgrade and then there is a $100 rebate :)

Good for you. It worked out better for you. :)

"the 622 is drawing everything out of my dp34" ... best laugh of the day!

why is that? I guess i'm not up on my dish "lol" burns

also i know i could've put a second dp34 on it but that would've meant more wires going into my house, and i already have 6 going through. Looks kinda dumb.

Last edited:

Installer will not install a DPP44 because you wont need one. THe 1000.2 will run two 622's and a 510 without a switch. Only reason the CSR said you would need one is the computer system now says you have to many receivers for just the 1000.2. THe csr was not smart enough to notice this.

Only reason I tell you this is DPP44's can be hard to get at times. The installer may try to reschedual you if they can't get one. So you can tell them you wont need it.

Newbie Question Regarding Hook Up Dish 322 Receiver to Dish 1000.2 Antenna

New Coax Run...Why Do I Have to Bury it Myself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts