Just an observation

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
I have noticed that since SkyAngel satellite service ended the SkyAngel forum has dropped off usage considerably.

Of course the obvious reason is SA is no longer on satellite, but I thought the folks who went to IPTV would keep posting.

Kinda dead here now. BTW, I did not go with SA IPTV but like the SA forum.

I was thinking this same thing all last week. SA DBS gone, and all anybody cares to post about is what church they belong to! Not a peep about SA IPTV service, good bad or indifferent. My worry: the dirth of posts means the # of subs has gone way way down. Given the fact that SA IPTV subscribers all have Internet service, you might have expected the posting rate to go up, even if total # of subs went down.

I'm still here and enjoying Sky Angel's IPTV service. :) I have the STB in one room connected to another via an RF Modulator; I am also using an RF remote control extender from Next Generation which works great. Next Generation Home Products RF Extenders also Invisible Multi-Room Remote Extender Frequency 418 (LRRX418) | LRRX418 [Next Generation Home Products] | digital RF extender Infra Red convert recharge able 418 (the 418MHz model) and other sources such as amazon.com. I want to obtain some brochures to pass out when they become available.
What I really enjoy about the service is content, content, content! The VOD feature is excellent with lots of growth potential, in fact they have greatly expanded the offerings with many being free and others range from 99 cents to $2.99.

In reality, only a few people actually posted on the Sky Angel forum anyway.

I stumbled on the site looking for C-Band help. I had the IPTV box before I discovered the SA Forum. The SA/IPTV forum is great!

I'm still here, too, and very much enjoying the SA IPTV offerings. I just received an extra remote from SA and have the Next Generations remote extender on the way from Amazon. I need it because I use my FM transmitter to send SA audio to all the radios in my house. I was accustomed to having extra Dish remotes in several rooms so I could change channels as I worked around the house. I'll enjoy being able to do that once again.

I spend most of my TV viewing time on FamilyNet. My favorite radio channels are Oasis for music, Moody/Bott for teaching programs.

Glad to know you are still here

I still in the process of setting up a GloryStar like dish for 97W and have setup a fixed dish for 123W for RTN and DayStar.

I'm glad to hear that the IPTV is working out for folks and that the VOD and other features are working well.

The channel I miss most is GTN which was 9707 on the old SA.

Have you noticed that TV Guide and others have not updated SA listings and still have the old lineup?

I am surprised to see the number of posts have declined. I figured by now several discussions would have popped up from those who made the transition to IPTV.

I'm not surprised to see that most of us satellite viewers have left the forum. A large amount of posts prior to the end of satellite services came from unhappy lifetime subscribers. Eventually I guess everyone licks their wounds and moves on.

I still continue to check the programming schedule for the three SkyAngel public interest satellite channels. As I mentioned in a previous post I hope they will place high-quality Christian programming on those channels. Not only will that go a long way in fulfilling their original vision of sharing Christ with the world, but it could also recruit customers for the IPTV service.

Perhaps it means that very few decided to subscribe to the IPTV service.

In any event I agree that there have only been a few posts about technical assistance and it seems those came here as a last resort having worked with SA & their ISP provider to no avail.

So I suppose that of the few who made the switch and got everything up & running everything is just honky dory.

I see the number of complaint threads dropping off, which accounts for a slower board. Some who posted in the last few weeks were not even SA subscribers, but people trying to provoke debates.