Just bought a HD TV - wait for new receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SDC_Bolts

Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Iowa
I just bought a HD TV about a month ago. Called my dish service man and he tells me there is a new HD Receiver coming out in February that will support 2 tvs without teh DVR option. One TV in HD and the second in non HD, so it would act like the 2 current receivers I have. I run 4 tvs, off two receivers. The receivers I have are DISH 322's.

I guess my question is, is there any truth to this, there will be new receivers out in Feb of 07 to support two tvs, or bite the bullet and get a ViP 622 with DVR, I really don't want or need the DVR but I am tired of waiting for a HD Receiver.

Kind of a 2 part question here - is it legal to "change" address to get locals from another location? In Iowa we do not get locals on HD over the Dish, thinking about changing to Kansas City if it is completely legal........

Thank you for any help or insite on this matter.

Part 1:
There is a new receiver that is exactly what you describe coming out (ViP 222) at some point. I'm not sure of the exact release date. But honestly, go for the 622 (the HD DVR) you will love it. As of Feb 1st it is supposed to be $150 with a $50 rebate and $10 off for 10 months making it essentially free.

Part 2: Legal - Nope, Possible and do people do it alot? - Yes

Well, I'll 2nd lakebum....if you can afford it, get a DVR. Almost never watch live TV (except football) or a commercial. You'll never be able to go back to Video Tape!

With the new DVR Advantage Packages coming, it makes the 622 DVR very affordable. Only $2 more per month for the DVR instead of $6.

With the new DVR Advantage Packages coming, it makes the 622 DVR very affordable. Only $2 more per month for the DVR instead of $6.

Can you expand on that $2 more per month? I was just quoted the top 100 with the HD Bronze package with a 622 and locals for $54.99 per month. They said there was ZERO fee for the 622 now. Did they lie? :confused:

I have been doing some searching on the vip 622, but can't find my answer. Maybe you all can help me out.

Does the up conversion from the 622 and SD channels improve the picture quality on SD channels?

Currently I have a 322 that was before I got my HDTV, now that I have my HDTV I of course want HD content.

But certain channels, mainly those with lower channel numbers (I don't know if that actually had anything to do with it) look horrible.

So the question in a whole is does the 622 up convert the SD channels worth a $*it?

Thank you for any feed back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)