Just bought a Vizio e401i-A2 40" LED

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
View attachment 88703Hey guys, my old pqnasonic SDTV kicked the bucket after almost 11 years of daily use.

Since I had bought a vizio 19" LCD for my kitchen a while back I decided to go with them to replace the tv in my bedroom which was 27" and sitting on top of my desk.

When I got to costco I started looking at some 40" TV's until I saw the Vizio. It was the only one for $450 with full 1080p, 120hz and Internet apps such as netflix, etc. The only comparable set was a sammy for $480 but it didn't physically look as good as the vizio.

While I was there I decided I wanted to mount it on the wall so I could watch it from my bed and saw a Sanus SXDP5 low profile tilting mount on sale. For $54.99 (reg $84.99) I couldn't as for more, it has an amazing release mechanism and a kickstand feature so you can plug your cables to the TV without taking it off the wall. The mount includes a 90 degree hdmi plug in case your TV's ports face the wall and bend.

Heres an initial pic I took before running off to work.

Hopefully I'll get the nice Vizio sound system for it but I need the wife's approval . :( ah I also need to organize the cables too.

View attachment 88703

Attachments

• image-3882199161.jpg
    image-3882199161.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Congrats. Good move with a matte screen so close to windows.

My Sanus has the kickout thing too, and self levelling. I love it. It was more than some of the cheaper mounts, but I like the bells and whistles.

Congrats. Good move with a matte screen so close to windows.

My Sanus has the kickout thing too, and self levelling. I love it. It was more than some of the cheaper mounts, but I like the bells and whistles.

Yup, thats what made me pull the trigger, I like to save energy and avoid using the a/c. Daytime viewing is perfect with the windows open.

Thats basically the only spot where I could mount it since all the rooms in my house, including the master are small.

When I got to costco the sale on the mount wasn't listed when I picked it up. I was ready to spend $85 and when I got to the register I was told it would be $60 including taxes.

Today I'm going back to costco to purchase the Squaretrade 3 extra year warranty for $30. So the set would have a total of 5 years including the 2 years costco provides.

Good deal. Square Trade has made quite a name for themselves. Panasonic quit offering their own plasma warranties, and now when you buy one thru them its actually Square Trade.

I was shopping at Costco yesterday and saw the 40' M Series. The tv guy saw me looking at it and I told him I already had purchased an E-Series last month. The M-Series had such a better picture quality and I joked with the guy telling him I would be willing to return the e series.

He told me to go for it, I ran home took it off the wall, threw it in the box and got store credit. The difference was $40 but damn it was well worth it :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)