JUST bought NEW FTA system! (n00b thread)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Beachbum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
PBCH, FL
Whohoo, I was up late researching and by 10:00 I made an impulse buy on a complete FTA system on eBay! I think I narrowed everything down enough and got the best deal.

Here is what it came with:
-FortecStar Lifetime Ultra receiver
-Full function remote control
-31" / 76cm Winegard dish
-Dish mounting hardware for roof or wall installation
-.4 db high-gain Universal Linear LNBF *NEW*
-FREE Diseqc Switch
-FREE RS-232 Programming Cable
-RCA Satellite Installation Kit
All for: $215 and free shipping.

I'm happy, hopefully it ships soon.
I knew I had a get a blind scan receiver, so I knew the traxis was out of the question.
One thing that confused me was that the thing comes with a FREE switch, does it even need a switch? Its a single LNB isnt it.

Also, How many wires do I have to run to the receiver if I only have a dish? I have never really understood that, because you see these dual coax cables for dishes? Or is that wire just to go to a switch then only one wire goes to the receiver?
And if I get a motor later on, do I have to run another wire, or doesn't it intercept the wire from the LNB?

Cheers,
BB

:yes

I do whole heartedly apologize for the many duplicate threads I just started, I was unaware that there was a delay for the thread to show up! I am posting this message to give this thread a "bump" as the main thread in hopes of having the others deleted.

No problem, sometimes messages with FREE in it are marked as spam.

I didn't realize this until tonight, and have approved all messages which should have been accepted. :) Sorry about the problem :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
No problem, sometimes messages with FREE in it are marked as spam.

I didn't realize this until tonight, and have approved all messages which should have been accepted. :) Sorry about the problem :)
Thanks for input. <wipes tear from eyes>

One cable from the receiver to the LNBF will work, I would run two if you have the cable for it as a 2nd run could be used for a DBS LNB. Even if you add a motor at anytime one coax will work.

Alrightythen. I guess I will run a new wire, the dual grounding block wont be as lonely. And after all, I might as well do it now while there is no sheetrock!

I would also get a standard LNBF and signal meter to help find the sats. Most signal meter do no work on univeral LNBFs.

Good luck setting it up!

Beachbum said:
Whohoo, I was up late researching and by 10:00 I made an impulse buy on a complete FTA system on eBay! I think I narrowed everything down enough and got the best deal.

Here is what it came with:
-FortecStar Lifetime Ultra receiver
-Full function remote control
-31" / 76cm Winegard dish
-Dish mounting hardware for roof or wall installation
-.4 db high-gain Universal Linear LNBF *NEW*
-FREE Diseqc Switch
-FREE RS-232 Programming Cable
-RCA Satellite Installation Kit
All for: $215 and free shipping.

I'm happy, hopefully it ships soon.
I knew I had a get a blind scan receiver, so I knew the traxis was out of the question.
One thing that confused me was that the thing comes with a FREE switch, does it even need a switch? Its a single LNB isnt it.

Also, How many wires do I have to run to the receiver if I only have a dish? I have never really understood that, because you see these dual coax cables for dishes? Or is that wire just to go to a switch then only one wire goes to the receiver?
And if I get a motor later on, do I have to run another wire, or doesn't it intercept the wire from the LNB?

Cheers,
BB

:yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)