Just called dish and now I'm confused!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
ok, I just called dish because I finally made up my mind about getting the free dish 811 deal. I was talking to a customer service rep and he said locals are coming to my area in a month or too (lincoln, Ne) I asked if I could get the Superdish now since I would need it for locals later. He said no I would get the 500 system then I could get upgraded but I would have to pay the upgrade fee's and on and on about putting it on autopay and a commitment. Should I wait till I can get superdish cause I will just have to rip down the 500 in a month or too?

That's funny. I had Dish call me at 4:00 this afternoon trying to get me to signup for service.
I mentioned Lincoln locals coming soon (he told me before the end of this year) so he said I could have the SuperDish with the 811.

Call back, Dish is confused!

Hmm that is strange if your locals are on a sat that you dont get I think DISH has to pay for the upgrade, I have a dish 500 and had one local channel on the 148 sat so I called and told dish I wanted that one channel and they upgraded everything for free, Im not sure about this but it might be a FCC requirement.

Its as simple as this. If you subscribe to any locals that may be on the wing slot 61.5/148 then Dish is required to come out and install the dish for free.

bmwaaron said:
Hmm that is strange if your locals are on a sat that you dont get I think DISH has to pay for the upgrade, I have a dish 500 and had one local channel on the 148 sat so I called and told dish I wanted that one channel and they upgraded everything for free, Im not sure about this but it might be a FCC requirement.

This only applies when your locals are split between 2 satellite orbital locations and it takes either a 2nd dish or a larger dish to receive all of them. In the case of SuperDish locals however E* does not have to give the dish away because all of the locals for 105 and 121 markets are on a single orbital location already, E* can charge for the SuperDish if they choose too. E* chooses to give the SuperDish away for Free with a one year commitment to AT50 or DL or above and locals and CCAP or $24.95 without CCAP to make it as painless as possible for subs in the 121/105 markets to get their locals, however the FCC is not forcing them to do this.

The are confused. THe Lincoln, Ne locals are NOt in the Omaha DMA. Lincoln, NE is not scheduled till this summer.

THey are still working on adding the WB and Fox Omaha Channels

I have heard from a couple dealers that the locals are weeks\month away I'm not sure about this summer. I can at least hope. ; )

Frank did you talk to dish or a dealer? It really sucks to have to keep calling back to get the right person. You would think they would all have the same training. Maybe it's the fact that there are call centers in various states. Frank you did get the super dish in Lincoln free and not the 500 with a new install?

As of three weeks ago only one contract signed. Weren't in a big push to get Lincoln up until later part of January. If it happens any soon I will be totally shocked.

As a dealer we were told NO superdishes until LIL is up.

You heard it straight from a local dealer in Lincoln.

Do you guys have the 811 in stock? I called around to a couple places and no one had any. I was hoping to get a next week install but looks like it's are dec 18 now. : ( TWC just increased their rates again, got a flyer in the mail today. I want to switch asap. If I did do an install before the local channels are up, am I going to have to pay a lot to get a super dish?

There are call centers in several states such as Colorado, Texas, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and perhaps another call center or two that I left out. I have had to hang up on CSR's from time to time whether it be Dish Network or other companies.

We put in our order to Denver and they only shipped 2. Yes that is right 2 out of 10. We are going to order more but we have 8 on backorder already. For some reason Denver is the last to get anything. They must think we aren't interested in the higher end equipment.

We would be gald to help you out as soon as we get a little stock.

PM me and let me know. I'm out of town for a funeral so I will keep trying to check in.

Shawn

gpflepsen said:
briansanders007 said:
( TWC just increased their rates again, got a flyer in the mail today. I want to switch asap.

How much did they go up?

A couple dollars here and there. Converter boxes are now almost 7.50 or something. pretty steep.

briansanders007 said:
I have heard from a couple dealers that the locals are weeks\month away I'm not sure about this summer. I can at least hope. ; )

Frank did you talk to dish or a dealer? It really sucks to have to keep calling back to get the right person. You would think they would all have the same training. Maybe it's the fact that there are call centers in various states. Frank you did get the super dish in Lincoln free and not the 500 with a new install?

I think it was a Dish call center in West Virginia that was bothering me at work. It's a dead issue now because I called Dish when I got home and there NO way they were giving me the SuperDish. What a bunch of idiots! I called Dish 3 different times last night and heard 3 different answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)