Just called Dish....Got a Free Vip612

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darkknight74

Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
Texas
Hey guys called dish last night just installed a new 40" LCD Sony bavaria in the bedroom.. and Coax SD / HD from my 722 looks like CRAP.. so I gave it a shot called dish about a second HD DVR.. they offered the VIP 612 for free with renewal.. is that a good deal or should I hold out for more.. I also have a a 722 in the media room I really want the 922 sling load version.. what are your thoughts on a release date on the 922?

DK

Sony Bavaria? You live in Germany?:D

I would have preferred and 722K over the 612, but if it works for you...
Supposedly, the 922 is coming out next month but most Beta Testers believe it is premature.

I've had Bad luck with Vip 612's. I've been through 2 in less then a year. DVR playback seems to always be an issue with dropouts.( Hardrive issues) Plus they have limited interactive features compaired to the 622 and 722.
622 and 722k have been flawless. But I wouldn't wait for the 922, that could take awhile.
I would see if you could get a 622 or even a 722 for free.

How far away is media room from the bedroom? If it is only a wall, you might be able to pass the HDMI or component through it. You will be stuck with the TVs in both rooms having to watch the same channel though. This might tide you over till the 922 comes out ...

I actually survived about 3 months with my HD TV viewing SD before I couldn't take it anymore and talked the wife into upgrading my 301 to a 722.

One nice thing about the 612 (I just got one) is that it doesn't require a broadband/telephone connection. Don't know if that's a dealbreaker or not, but if getting a phone line to that place is cumbersome, it may be worth the "limitations" of the 612 (compared to 622 or 722).

Hey guys called dish last night just installed a new 40" LCD Sony bavaria in the bedroom.. and Coax SD / HD from my 722 looks like CRAP.. so I gave it a shot called dish about a second HD DVR.. they offered the VIP 612 for free with renewal.. is that a good deal or should I hold out for more.. I also have a a 722 in the media room I really want the 922 sling load version.. what are your thoughts on a release date on the 922?

DK

Did they give you any credits or anything? I called Dish a couple of weeks ago, got a 222k, free hbo/showtime for 3 months (had it for 9 months now - free), $10 off for 3 months. They send out these promo postcard things every couple of months.

I just did the dishn' it up. I replaced a 522 with a 622 for no cost. I also got $10/monthly credits for 12-months. Free HBO/Showtime for 3-months. Already had Cinemax for a penny.
24-month contract was required. Tech had to come out to install since I didn't have an HD feed off my 61.5 dish going the the former 522 location.

I've yet to have a 612 that worked out. I'm about to have them replace the newest one and I'll be on my fourth in 5 months. This one lasted all of one day before the rebooting started. It's rebooted 38 times in four days.

They each did it in different patterns, though, and I've tried everything on my end. It really seems like it's just one bad unit after another.

Of course, plenty of people have had bad luck with other models. But my experience with the 622 has been a big bust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)