Nice way to Program your Remote to a Source

spyk3

Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
south carolina
Hello guys, new user and my very first post. I have come here as a guest quiet often to get help.

I am a dish network customer and i have a vip 722 DVR and another stand dual tune reciever. My 722 5.3 IR (grey) remote quit working so i decided to use the 20 IR (black and silver) remote to operate my oringal tv. I found out this remote has a so called "Advance learning program" to the side (looks like an Inferred sensor). I called dish and found out exactly how to use it, and im not sure if this is posted here but i thought what the hell, free info is better than none.

Basically this allows you to program buttons from an orginal remote say for instance my surround sound remote into the buttons on your dish remote via IR link. Here is this tutorial they gave me.

1. Press and let go of the Recall button.

2. Press and Hold the Record button for 3 seconds until all 4 mode lights light up.

3. Hold your original remote that you want to program your buttons to to the side of the Dish Network Remote (where your IR of your orginal remote is to the IR sensor on teh side of the dish network remote)

4. Press the Volume Up on the Dish remote.

5. Press and Hold the Volume up on the Oringal remote untill all the mode lights blink.

6. Repeat process for which ever buttons you want to assign to.

7. Choose which ever mode you would like to keep these assigned buttons to (DVD, TV, AUX.)

Thought this would be niffy to keep wrote down.

If i missed anything or there is another way, please let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts