Just canceled Orby

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
I have absolutely no animosity towards the Orby organization.
The Orby tech support was the best I've ever experienced. Ever
The Orby equipment works fine.
It's just that there a couple channels I refuse to support in any way.
I don't want liberal or conservative politics in my entertainment package.
If Orby goes apolitical I'll be back.
My decision. My choice.
It's getting crazy out here! (I live in Kenosha)

Reactions: c-spand
I have absolutely no animosity towards the Orby organization.
The Orby tech support was the best I've ever experienced. Ever
The Orby equipment works fine.
It's just that there a couple channels I refuse to support in any way.
I don't want liberal or conservative politics in my entertainment package.
If Orby goes apolitical I'll be back.
My decision. My choice.
It's getting crazy out here! (I live in Kenosha)
Same here

Sent from my SM-G960U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I feel your pain bro. Have not watched ANY sports or news for a while here. Don't know if boycotting channels helps but it does make me feel better.

Reactions: Tvland1
I guess, while respecting everyone's right to their opinions, I'd throw this out there...and I'm not a dealer, investor, or involved at all, except for being a customer of theirs "on and off." ( I turn Orby on when I want it, off when not going to use it much.)

Orby is tryng very hard to gain customers who DON'T want shopping channels, sports channels, and paying for locals. They're an upstart company that has a decent product in both the hardware and offerings overall. If they offered NO news, they'd probably not attract as many subscribers and could endanger their growth. The same news services people are so passionately divided-over are the ones that carry news of tropical storms in Florida, and other timely things that are not issues to be argued. My point is, why not support a decent small company that is trying hard to offer a less-cost service with decent programming options? Just don't watch that channel. So it costs you an average of a dollar or so per month because it's part of the lineup. A whole DOLLAR. Wow. We all waste that in less than a full cup of coffee or a McDonald's drink on a daily basis. So, make a new favorites list, leave the news channel off it, and eat the dollar it costs you! You'd be doing the bigger picture a favor if you care about not having EVERY entertainment option only offered by the big guys! We need more small companies and more competition in media and media delivery. One or two channels does not a lineup make or break. Ala Carte choices for subscribers has never worked in satellite long term, so we will always have "packages." I tell people who take issue with some of the things I may say on the radio..."you have a switch and a tuner, and I respect your right to use it." I'm happy to say it doesn't happen often...but I'll bet they come back most times to our station, and I know they don't shut off and throw out their radios and devices because we're on their dial and an occasional remark may be disagreed-with. It's the old "don't throw out the baby with the bathwater" routine.

A thought.

Remember one big thing, for many channels from companies that own a bunch of channels the contracts specify they (Orby or DISH or DIRECTV) that they have to take ALL of their channels or they get none.

I know on one satellite provider there are a bunch of SD MTV channels that the satellite company wants to carry as no one watches them, but they have to carry them because of this requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)