Just cancelled my account. They will pick up equipment.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr. Old School

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
I decided to go ahead and cancel my account in hopes of recouping some of the $64.73 monthly fee that I had been billed on 4/2 plus I had Adelphia bring out a HD/DVR box yesterday.

The CSR wanted to know why I was cancelling early and I told him that I had already disconnected and unplugged the receiver and had a new cable box installed. He checked and said I would be credited $15.23 back to my credit card, but said he had no idea when this would happen. He did say that I would be notified sometime in the near future regarding the recovery of equipment.

In my case my billing date is normally set to the 29th so in my case it made no sense to cancel early since was basically paid up to the end day of Voom (sux saying that tho) :river

Mr. Old School said:
I decided to go ahead and cancel my account in hopes of recouping some of the $64.73 monthly fee that I had been billed on 4/2 plus I had Adelphia bring out a HD/DVR box yesterday.

The CSR wanted to know why I was cancelling early and I told him that I had already disconnected and unplugged the receiver and had a new cable box installed. He checked and said I would be credited $15.23 back to my credit card, but said he had no idea when this would happen. He did say that I would be notified sometime in the near future regarding the recovery of equipment.

So for $15 only you'll get rid of your great (Voom-logo'd) OTA bo:mad:es)?
Interesting business approach...

I just cancelled mine and it made me angry all over again. The csr asked me my reason for cancelling and I said "You are going out of business."

He said "We hear that alot" and I cracked up. One last good joke before they pull the plug. I just can't stand it that Voom is going away. I'd really like to bust Jimmyboy right in the chops. I'm pretty sure I'd feel better about it.

Jamey K said:
I just cancelled mine and it made me angry all over again. The csr asked me my reason for cancelling and I said "You are going out of business."

He said "We hear that alot" and I cracked up. One last good joke before they pull the plug. I just can't stand it that Voom is going away. I'd really like to bust Jimmyboy right in the chops. I'm pretty sure I'd feel better about it.

The CSR's will follow the script to the bitter end. :rolleyes:

This is nuts. You should have asked for the customer retention department and asked for everything at the lower rate. :(

Refunds

Yeah I asked a week ago about a refund if I canceled...they said the csr would do the refund while on the phone. I called and canceled on the 15th....I got Dish installed....the csr I think pretended to do a refund, when I asked if how much it was, he said he lost that screen, but it would be on the card the next day. Well it's not and I called them back and was told a refund wouldn't be issued until my account was closed.....I think their going to hold that refund over my head so to make sure they get their boxes back....well their not getting them until they issue the refund first if I can help it. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)