After much thought I have decided to keep D* and not opt for Dish Network's HD deal with the 811 receiver. I think I will wait a little while to see if the bugs can't get worked out and contact D* in the meantime to see if they can give me the $99 customer retention deal. When I spoke to dish network to cancel the installation they said they were unaware of any problems with the 811. Instantly, I knew that cancelling was the right thing to do. Dish Network, trying to persuade me to stay, said that if in 3 days after installation I was unhappy I could cancel everything with no penalties to pay. I really want my HD but don't want headaches to go along with it. I thought the people at Dish were very courteous even though I was cancelling their service and they did not badger me into staying.