Just cancelled my dish network installation

Sharpie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
After much thought I have decided to keep D* and not opt for Dish Network's HD deal with the 811 receiver. I think I will wait a little while to see if the bugs can't get worked out and contact D* in the meantime to see if they can give me the $99 customer retention deal. When I spoke to dish network to cancel the installation they said they were unaware of any problems with the 811. Instantly, I knew that cancelling was the right thing to do. Dish Network, trying to persuade me to stay, said that if in 3 days after installation I was unhappy I could cancel everything with no penalties to pay. I really want my HD but don't want headaches to go along with it. I thought the people at Dish were very courteous even though I was cancelling their service and they did not badger me into staying.

When you talk to a first level CSR, remember they're a college student working to pay off their Text messaging bill on their flashy cell phones... and not a very informed professional like the higher level CSR's are...

Wish I could talk you into switching back, but I'm holding off on HD for the same reasons. Thanks for keeping an eye out for the future though.

Hey, I'm just happy that they still all have American accents. I had to call American Express to help get her Microsoft Money software to automatically download their transactions and I had o have them repeat themselves 3 times to understand what they were trying to say (not that I could speak Hindu, but then again I'M not trying to deal with customers in India myself).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)