Just cancelled, question about returning equipment.

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I recently cancelled my dish service at my apartment and they told me to pack the remotes and receiver(222k).

I used a harmony remote with my dish receivers TV1 since day 1 and put the 20.0 IR remote away. Right now, I'm having a hard time finding the remote and I'm wondering how much will dish charge me for not returning it.
I currently have the receiver,remote antenna and TV2 21.0 remote.

Thanks for the tips

DISH should send you a box for returning the receiver, unless they have changed the instructions it does not require the remotes be returned.

Dish usually asks for the receiver and the lnb's, I don't recall them asking for the remotes either.
For a 622 that I just sent back(5/30) the instructions did ask for the remotes. I suspect though that once received they are just thrown in a barrel for recycling since they are most likely worn.

They asked for my LNB, receiver and remotes on the phone. The lady(super nice from retentions) said i didn't need to return the LNB since Its an apartment and its hard to reach.

After i hung up I started looking for it and I can't find it for the life of me :(

They asked for my LNB, receiver and remotes on the phone. The lady(super nice from retentions) said i didn't need to return the LNB since Its an apartment and its hard to reach.

After i hung up I started looking for it and I can't find it for the life of me :(
The LNB is the piece sticking out in front of the dish.

The LNB is the piece sticking out in front of the dish.
Lol I didn't specify in my post, I was referring to the remote. I know where the LNB is and they told me to keep it. Let me contact DIRT and ask how much will the remote set me back if they require me to return it.

Never heard of Dish requiring the remote to be returned.

Used my old 622 remote on a bought 211 after upgrade to 722K and when they replaced all my stuff with Hopper/Joey system they said keep the old dirty remotes, they cannot send them to new subs anyway.

Tech might take old remote with him and use it to replace someones totally dead one, but not Dish policy AKAIK.

IF you want the remote - keep it, a new one from Dish is only $19.99, so an old one is probably $5.00 at most $0.00 at least.

I was also asked to return my remotes when I cancelled in February.

One suggestion I would make is that you do NOT use the prepaid label. I think they charge you $17 if you use the label. I paid Fedex about $9 to ship it. Unless you're shipping a couple of bricks with the receiver, the $17 prepaid label is way overpriced.

One suggestion I would make is that you do NOT use the prepaid label. I think they charge you $17 if you use the label. I paid Fedex about $9 to ship it. Unless you're shipping a couple of bricks with the receiver, the $17 prepaid label is way overpriced.
I wonder if I will be charged that $17 fee. I just needed to return my leased 622 when I bought my Hopper. I do have epp. If I do get charged I may shoot off an email to the CEO to see if I can get that removed.

Im better off paying the $17 since I'm in Puerto Rico and oversea shipping is expensive here. I PM'd maryb from DIRT and she told me I only need to return the receiver.

I sold my old remotes on ebay to partially offset the shipping charge from Dish. Wasn't much, but better than nothing. I also sold all my nodes, diplexers, triplexers, whatever else was in the system that they didn't want back.

I'll go spiderman on my building and grab the dish and switches and post them on the local classifieds. The only way for me to get to the roof is waiting for the administrator of the condo since he has the keys to the dome that gives access to the roof, also the ladder needed to get to the dome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts