resume

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
With my old 622 receiver I was able to stop a recording, and later if I wanted to continue where I left off, I could click resume. On the Hopper there doesn't seem to be resume, you have to start all over and advance to find where you stopped. Can anyone tell me where I can find resume

Resume works the same way your 622 did. IF you are recording and watching a bit time delayed, you cannot resume as you noted.

But if the recording is finished before you start watching, you can.

IF you are recording and watching a bit time delayed, you cannot resume as you noted.

Yeah, I noticed that, :( and this is true on other Dish DVRs, not just the Hopper. Why oh why can't Dish make the "resume" function work when in chase-play of an ongoing recording?

Yeah, I noticed that, :( and this is true on other Dish DVRs, not just the Hopper. Why oh why can't Dish make the "resume" function work when in chase-play of an ongoing recording?
You can resume on other DVRs, just have to watch the recording from the other TV.

I have noticed this also. That's just one of the things that is a little "quirk" about the Hopper that is annoying, but still overall the best system I've used so far. I do wish that Dish would spend its resources fixing the little bugs like this first instead of writing a social app. I guess it's all about priorities.

And fix the SKIP functions too. Really beginning to bug me.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can resume on other DVRs, just have to watch the recording from the other TV.

What are you talking about here? The DVR for which this "feature" bugs me the most is a 612. (So, there is no other TV.) If you want to start watching a recording in progress, from the beginning, you can do so. But if you stop, you will find that you can't resume. Or are you saying that I can go to the TV2 output of my 722 and have this work as expected?

You mean just like TiVo a does? It may not be worth the patent lawsuit. But you knew that the moment you read the word "TiVo." The vast majority of subscribers don't know and don't care. While it would be a nice, but very minor, feature, not even TiVo lovers crow about having resume during chasing play. Dish, rightfully, feels this goes into the bin of the other one-thousand itty bitty non-deal breaker requests. Meanwhile far more would prefer the following: Optional Unified whole home operations with 2 Hopper installs; List view for My Recordings; at least one more sat tuner; fix the skip back bug; allow users to select time for nightly "updates"; allow adding a single channel to OTA list (still getting "coming soon" pop-up); and there are more.

Last edited:
You mean just like TiVo a does? It may not be worth the patent lawsuit. But you knew that the moment you read the word "TiVo." The vast majority of subscribers don't know and don't care. While it would be a nice, but very minor, feature, not even TiVo lovers crow about having resume during chasing play. Dish, rightfully, feels this goes into the bin of the other one-thousand itty bitty non-deal breaker requests. Meanwhile far more would prefer the following: Optional Unified whole home operations with 2 Hopper installs; List view for My Recordings; at least one more sat tuner; fix the skip back bug; allow users to select time for nightly "updates"; allow adding a single channel to OTA list (still getting "coming soon" pop-up); and there are more.

What is chase play?

Chase play is playback of an ongoing recording at some point before the live stream.

When we joined Dish in 2007 my wife and I were shocked that you couldn't stop watching a recording that was still recording and resume at that stop point at a later time. We do this quite often, especially the car race programs. I have to remember where I left off and fast forward to that spot in the recording. That is a pain in the A-- for someone like me that has Sometimers issues. At least the car race programs I can remember what lap the race was on and fast forward to it when we start watching the recording again. With our previous cable company service you could stop watching and resume at that spot at a later time even though the program was still recording when it was stopped. The DVRs we used were Motorolas and Moxis. I have talked with other folks that have different TV service providers and their DVRs don’t have the resume issue either. I sent an email to Dish Tech support and got one of them thank you for the suggestion emails and you know! It seems to be just Dish DVRs. I thought the TiVo patent issues were cleared up. Is it that hard to install this resume feature like all the other company DVRs have? It is the one and only major sore point we still have with Dish.

I have the same thing on my Hopper, just posted about it in another thread. If I am in a created folder, It shows me 45% watched, but when I click it, there is NO "resume" selection. I have to go to no folders to get resume. Its quite stupid. These are all previously recorded shows as you can see.

IMG_20130604_163918_787_zps550d86cd.jpg

IMG_20130604_163935_117_zpsfe2aae53.jpg

I also dont understand why the tiles show info on top of them, when they do not do that in No Folders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)