dish upgrade problems (please help)

kad123

Original poster
May 30, 2013
cali
Hello all,

First time poster, although I have been browsing these forums for a while. I recently upgraded from my old vip622 to a hopper, and have been having problems with my dish billing ever since. I hope some of you have some good advice for me.

In mid April I finally, after some deliberation, decided to upgrade to a new hopper. I spoke with my local retailer, who I know personally, and he checked my account,....and told me I was an "A" customer, and entitled to a free upgrade. So he set it up, and his installer came and did the work. While my new equipment was being activated I spoke with a dish rep on the installer's phone, who also confirmed to me that my upgrade was free, and that I would be charged $1,...which would be credited back to me on my next bill. The installer then left, with my new hopper up and running. So far, so good.

Later that night I got an automated call from dish, telling me that my service call (I assume to install aforementioned equipment) was scheduled for the next day, and that I needed to be there. So I called dish, and spoke with a lady in CS, and cancelled that appointment. Weeks later I got my next bill, and there was a $100 charge for equipment, and a $95 charge for the service call.

I called dish, and spoke to a lady in billing, who, after speaking with her supervisor, told me she apologized for my trouble, and that these erroneous charges would be removed within 24hrs. After 2 days, with the charges still on my account, I called again and spoke to a man who identified himself as a billing supervisor. He told me that, yes, he saw noted on my account, that these charges were to be removed,...but that he could not do that until my next month's bill was generated. I told him that would mean autopay would charge me over $300 this month, and I would have to wait for weeks for a refund. He apologized, and said he would cancel autopay for me, and that I should just manually pay my balance for service, and all would be fixed on my next bill. However, autopay was not cancelled, so after several days I cancelled it myself, and wrote dish an email explaining the problem (using the contact form on the website), and paid my bill for the month.

Then, a couple days ago, I get my next bill, and the $195 in charges are still on it! And the very next day I get an email from dish warning me of my overdue balance, which I must pay immediately to avoid service interruption. I replied to that email yesterday, with all the info I've given here, but as yet no reply from dish.

Soooo,..do any of you here, with more experience than I, have any suggestions as to how I may get this resolved? Anyone to contact that I'm unaware of? I've had basically no dealings with dish billing dept. for all these years, since I'm autopay/paperless, and have never had a problem before. Any advice at all, either here, or in a pm, would be appreciated greatly!

So sorry, I know this is a long post for my first one, I just thought this would be a good place to seek advice. Thank you all!

Keith

Dish phone CSR service just gets worse and worse.
I will contact what we call a DIRT csr - they are online here and are far more reliable - and have them look at this thread and hopefully you can contact each other and get this straightened out. (You need at least 5 posts to be able to sent them a private message)

She may not get back to you till her next day/night on, but you will have the best chance of getting it fixed.

Yes! Mary is right, she helped me with my issue,...and all has been resolved! Thank you, again, Mary!! And thanks to all here on the forum.

Keith

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)