Just Cancelled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just Cancelled my Dish Network service!!! Have been a customer for the past two and a half years. Lot of billing discrepancies lately. Recently moved to a new apartment, had to re-schedule a couple of times as they didn't put in the correct requirement and so the tech showed up with no proper equipment(couldn't watch aussie open and super bowl). Got frustrated finally and cancelled. The rep didn't even try to retain me as a customer!!

Just wondering whether there is any email or webpage where I could send my complaints to, so that they don't repeat it with the next customer.

Also any suggestions about my next option (comcast or directv????) would be appreciated.

I'm curious. What was the correct equipment that you needed??

therein lies the rub. 'equipment' is a fancy word. All they needed was a pole and a couple of clamps to secure the pole to the balcony. I even suggested that they could take it from my previous apartment ( it is in the same apartment complex)

therein lies the rub. 'equipment' is a fancy word. All they needed was a pole and a couple of clamps to secure the pole to the balcony. I even suggested that they could take it from my previous apartment ( it is in the same apartment complex)

It's ureasonable to expect the installers to provide mounts and poles for every situation. They get reimbursed for a dish and a standard mount and that is all.

You could help your situation by moving your old pole yourself and having a suitable place to mount your dish all ready to go. If you can't do that yourself, you may need to hire someone for that. Also, you might want to check dishstore or sadoun at the top of this page for some ideas or unique mounting "equipment" they have for sale. Tripods are often a good solution for apartment balconies.

One thing for sure, the DirecTV dish is a monster compared to what Dish Network has.

For those who shared info, thank you very much.

others, just shut-up and go on your way, nobody asked for your wise-cracks.

the whole point of the forum is to share information, not just to type something and increase your post counts.

For someone who was using the service for the length of time, you only signed up to the forum to post the complaint?

I'll give you the possibility. However, others with the snide comments are tired of many of the competitors posing as new posters to the forum and dissing a service. Again, not saying this is the case but some have seen it enough to have a jaded outlook on a complain with a join date before cancelling the service.

Personally I read this thread to see if you quit waiting for all the services that they just happened to turn on! The new 129 sat and the Fox HD channel some had been saying they'd leave Dish for.

Does everybody sign up to this forum the day they get their service?
I have had DISH since the Microsoft DishPlayer the first DISH DVR. I didn't sign up here until much later. Do I have the right to complain about DISH? Oh wait I forgot they added Fox News HD so we are some how even with Directv now.
It's fine to be a fanboy but the hatred shown just in this thread shines a light on those that bring something to the table and those that don't.

If your apartment management required that the dish stay within the balcony, (i.e., it couldn't hang out from or over the railing) then what you had is no longer an approved Dish Network mount. It would have to be on a tripod or a "non-pen" mount. Personally, as long as the mount is secure and stable, I don't have a problem with the mount that you had, but I don't make the rules, no matter how smart or dumb they may be.

I know that isn't your problem, but I'm just saying it is what it is.

All they needed was a pole and a couple of clamps to secure the pole to the balcony.
I doubt they would do much of anything to retain you.

When I ask a potential customer where he lives and he says, "Apartment number....", he hears CLICK!

Last edited:
Does everybody sign up to this forum the day they get their service?

No. However most join before they cancel to post questions on how to solve issues or reserch before cancellation. What I have noticed lately is that there is a trend here and also on competing Satellite forums for first time posts that have stories.

I'd mentioned to the OP that I am giving the benefit of the doubt, but that the trend is probably the reason for the large number of negative responses they'd received.

Granted, my comment about the HD channel and the 129 sat were not necessary and I apologize for that.

have had DISH since the Microsoft DishPlayer the first DISH DVR. I didn't sign up here until much later. Do I have the right to complain about DISH? Oh wait I forgot they added Fox News HD so we are some how even with Directv now.

Everyone has the right to complain, just like everyone has the right to post about it as well. Others also have the right to post not so great responses. Others, like yourself can come to the rescue. It is to be commended that you did post about giving some slack. But surely you yourself have also seen the trend for first post out of nowhere claiming a cancelation. Again to the OP, if I was wrong I do apologize. Make sure to research very carefully. Just jumping in can cause some pain if you get into a new contract and the service isn't all that much more. In addition, there are some large changes coming, if you are an HD sub, now that Ciel-2 is up. It's worth waiting just a little bit longer to see the results. If the offering is still better elsewhere, jump on it.

Dslate69, Nice to know you used to have a Dishplayer. So did I, so if that's to establish some cred... Here's some wayback proof:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ayer-7200-class-action-lawsuit.html#post93676

As for being a FANBoiiiiii. I dropped Dish several years later again. I'd then the pain that was the DirecTV DVR R16-300. After several years of that and re-evaluating the quality of quipment and service, I'd made the decision to switch back to Dish. If the quality drops, or their costs go to high, I'd reevaluate my options again at that point. I just don't see much benefit at this time, for myself. Again this will vary for each individual based on what they want from their provider, the channels they'd like to subscribe to, etc..

My handle has more with what is mounted on my roof and what it picks up signals from than a specific provider. Same reason I continued with the handle as a DirecTv customer on these forums as well.

Last edited:
I could care less if someone thinks I have or don't have cred, my post speak for themselves. I am not a sheep like so many here that says "leave" when you hear a differing opinion. The worst thing that could happen is for DISH to have all content subs that aren't pushing them to add and innovate.
I defended and recommended DISH for years and if I leave I will when and how I like. Until then posters like yourself can prove DISH loyalty to each other by trying to silence and chase away those that question what DISH is doing to keep once loyal customers.

Someone who signs up just to make their first post a rant about how bad everything is just to try to get sympathy from everyone, or to agree with his one point of view is the essence of a troll.

This op wasn't quite as bad as the now infamous Mr. Sux...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-support-my-protest-against-dish-network.html
...and some of us did try to help tom.clancey once we got a grip on the real issue.

What I am trying to say is it can go much better with a more tactful first post.:eureka

I think most consumers are content and quiet for the most part. When something great happens they may rejoice for others to hear but more times than not the first you hear from ANY consumer is when something happens that to them is worth complaining about.
If you don't understand that than well... :confused:

Another alternative to buying a tripod for the dish is buying a large flower pot, a metal pole (that the dish can mount to), and a bag or two of Quikrete. All can be had fairly inexpensively from your local hardware store.

For those who shared info, thank you very much.

others, just shut-up and go on your way, nobody asked for your wise-cracks.

the whole point of the forum is to share information, not just to type something and increase your post counts.
Sorry about the immature rudeness you received here. Some kids get a few posts under their belt and think they own the place.

Try: ceo@dishnetwork.com or DishQuality@Echostar.com

Dish screws up a lot but so does DirectTv and you may not find them better but either way, let Dish know how you feel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)