Just can't seem to fine tunemy dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man I wish it was that easy Cas =)

So If I point at my TS, adjust the DISH elevation till it comes in hot, then swing over to G10 and it DOESN'T come in, from that point on the ONLY thing I should adjust is the motor angle??

I have been going back and forth. I was out there this afternoon adjusting,
Getting everything in BUT AMC3(87W) and AMC5(79W),
IA5(97W) in the 70s
AMC4(101W) in the high 70s-mid80s
G10(123W) comes in from low 50s to mid 70s

things to remember

-mast has to be plumb (level)
-elevation on the motor is the same as latitude

aim to true south and adjust dish elevation until its bang on and the rest should fall into place :)

UFK, It is like riding a bike. Hard if you have never done it. But easy after you have.

Is this correct? You have your most center satellite. You have your East satellites. So now you need to find out where the west satellites are.

Try this!! Motor to where you believe your most East satellite is or should be,(Circular's are the best for the coarse adjustment) with a signal meter attached, remove the LNB and hunt for the signal. Is it above, below, left or right of the LNB mount.

Now remember this saying; "If you walk away, she will come running. But if you pursue her, she will run away fast".

What does it mean. If the signal is above where your LNB mount is; Then move the LNB mount down (less elevation) and the signal will move down two degrees for every one degree down. In other words "walk away and she will come running". Once you know how things are off, then you or we can figure what needs to be corrected.

Good Luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.