Just Curious: How many have paid over $100 for a "you-take-down" 6' + dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Getting one that's too small is the worst way to waste your time.
No six footers! Look for eight feet for your first BUD.

I agree with you however some folks like myself really dont have an option of going bigger than 6 feet as I live in the suburbs (space is tight, neighbours too close etc). I look at it this way, some C-band programming is better than none.

Cheers, K

Money comes and goes
know about a 12' Paracliipse dish ? and what it entails to bring it up to 21st century use ? is it still a button hook ?
you in Fla ? if so lots of wind there.
good luck

I dunno, 21st century? I'm using a 7.5' Unimesh right now.

yes, it is a button hook. no, I'm not in FL.

I dunno, 21st century? I'm using a 7.5' Unimesh right now.

yes, it is a button hook. no, I'm not in FL.
some mod them to a quad (wind reason). would not take a button hook for free.
but i'm not a fixer upper in this sport. too easy to find a 10' quad KTI or Wineguard
good luck

I agree with you however some folks like myself really dont have an option of going bigger than 6 feet as I live in the suburbs (space is tight, neighbours too close etc). I look at it this way, some C-band programming is better than none.

Cheers, K
It's unfortunate that so many newer built communities require homeowners' associations and their rules. In my view, these HOAs are just excuses for people to be busybodies and control freaks.

I'm glad I don't have that situation.

One thing I saw a while back was a big dish on a pole coming out of a picnic table and with what looked like an umbrella over it. The big dish was under it and the cloth allowed the signals to pass through easily If your site survey would allow a big dish placement about 8 feet above your back yard, you probably could sew up some of that Home Depot gardening cloth to look like an umbrella - That dark gray material that you can kind of see through, that lets water through but won't let weeds get established. Then build a picnic table under it and your nosy neighbors and nosier association nazis will think it's for barbecues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)