Just deleted everything off my 622!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I know it's probably a stupid question, but is there anyway to un-delete stuff on a 622? I just accidentally nuked everything!

I have the "My Recordings" screen set to group things by title. I decided I wanted to get rid of all of a particular show, so I went into its folder, clicked Edit, then Select All, then Delete. I expected it to only select the shows in that folder, but it selected everything and the Delete command happily deleted them all... :(

Actually ... Remove the disk, connect to PC, umm use WinHex, restore names of files ( usually first letter replaced to 00h), return it back, force to run fsck() and pray :).

I had the same thing happen to me. I had a bunch of stuff recorded, but luckily I am getting most of it back from re-runs. Lost a couple movies that I recorded off of Cinemax before I downgraded.

There has to be something strange with the UI because I was *sure* that I gone into a folder before doing a select all. Maybe it's a bug... ?

Same here

That same thing happened to me. I noticed the group feature one day and was excited. Grouped by name and then went into one of the folders, select all, and delete. It took a little bit and that made me worry - sure enough, everything was long gone! This happened about a month ago, and I have followed the exact same procedure since and it has worked correctly, so I am not sure what happened.

I will check to see what version I am at, maybe it is a bug in a certain version which has since been upgraded. :confused:

Actually ... Remove the disk, connect to PC, umm use WinHex, restore names of files ( usually first letter replaced to 00h), return it back, force to run fsck() and pray :).
I wish I had known that the last time I did this. An external HD works to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts