Just deleted everything off my 622!?!?

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I know it's probably a stupid question, but is there anyway to un-delete stuff on a 622? I just accidentally nuked everything!

I have the "My Recordings" screen set to group things by title. I decided I wanted to get rid of all of a particular show, so I went into its folder, clicked Edit, then Select All, then Delete. I expected it to only select the shows in that folder, but it selected everything and the Delete command happily deleted them all... :(

Actually ... Remove the disk, connect to PC, umm use WinHex, restore names of files ( usually first letter replaced to 00h), return it back, force to run fsck() and pray :).

I had the same thing happen to me. I had a bunch of stuff recorded, but luckily I am getting most of it back from re-runs. Lost a couple movies that I recorded off of Cinemax before I downgraded.

There has to be something strange with the UI because I was *sure* that I gone into a folder before doing a select all. Maybe it's a bug... ?

Same here

That same thing happened to me. I noticed the group feature one day and was excited. Grouped by name and then went into one of the folders, select all, and delete. It took a little bit and that made me worry - sure enough, everything was long gone! This happened about a month ago, and I have followed the exact same procedure since and it has worked correctly, so I am not sure what happened.

I will check to see what version I am at, maybe it is a bug in a certain version which has since been upgraded. :confused:

Actually ... Remove the disk, connect to PC, umm use WinHex, restore names of files ( usually first letter replaced to 00h), return it back, force to run fsck() and pray :).
I wish I had known that the last time I did this. An external HD works to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)