Just Did Second 622 Lease Upgrade!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pajer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
North Central Pennsylvania
I had a 622 installed under the 622 $299.00 lease upgrade 2 weeks ago, just called dish and they allowed me to do a second 622 upgrade for $299.00 Have a install for end of march. csr roulette (it's a wonderful game to play) . system allowed her to do it. i have a confirm #

Did they charge your credit card yet? They preauthed mine when I ordered upgrade yesterday. But preauth fell off and I dont see final charge. Maybe they are not charging till shipment.

I just got off the phone with tech support and the guy told me that the ability to order more than one 622 lease is a glitch in the system that will be fixed within the next few days. He also seemed to think that anybody that has taken advantage of the glitch, but hasn't received their second 622 yet, may not get it as the mistake(s) will be corrected. I'm not trying to worry you or anything, just telling you my conversation.:)

David

During the retailer chat yesterday, Scott said that they mentioned that they would let some people lease a second 622 based on certian criteria.

ripnbigc said:
Geez, at least you have your first 622. I'm still waiting for the one I ordered 2/1.:(
That's the same day I ordered mine. Still waiting too. At least I already got the empty box to return the old receiver. What was that CEO email address again to write and ask about the status of my upgrade order?

I got through to someone who could answer my questions that the CSRs couldn't.
Talked to Natalie at CEO office. 622 was shipped 3/10 and installation for 3/18. We'll see if everything goes right this time.
The text of my email was as follows:

Hi maybe you can help,
My name is XXXX. My account number is XXXXXXX. My phone number is xxxxxxxx.
On 2/1/06 I called and ordered an upgrade to a vip622. It took a long time to work out because the CSR I talked to didn't know anything about the lease upgrade. Eventually, after spending considerable amount of time on hold we got the appointment set up for 2/21/06 and the CSR charged my credit card for $299.99. I called a couple times to verify the install date and to see why my account on-line just showed a credit balance and no description of what the $299.99 charge was for. The CSR I talked to said it would be that way until the installation was completed. Doesn't sound right to me. What about the programming charges in between now and then?
I had seen on-line where customers were receiving their upgrade 622s via UPS. So I called once again and asked if the installer was going to bring the receiver or was it being shipped to me. The CSR told me that the installer would bring it. Imagine my surprise when the installer calls me on 2/20/06 and verifies that they'll be coming the next day to do the install. She then asks me if I have the 622. Which I don't have. I told her that Dishnetwork told me that the installer would bring it. She states that they never do. So she gets Dish on the phone with us and asks if there is a tracking number for my receiver. The CSR she gets says no it was never shipped and it's on back-order, and can't tell us when to expect to get it. All he can do is reschedule an appointment for 3/18/06. But, he can't say if it will even make it by that date. I know that people that ordered after 2/1/06 have already had 622s installed. Why was I not contacted about the delay, and given the wrong information from the CSRs I talked to. Both I and the installer were treated unfairly. I was at work during this phone call. I was very upset and decided to call Dishnetwork the next day and see what happened. So I called the next morning and tried another CSR. He pretty much verified what the other CSR had said. They're on back-order, can't say when you'll get one. He was also confused about whether the receiver would be shipped to me or the installer. Also said I was lucky to get one and that they would be doing substitutions of other receivers. What????
So now I'm really confused and upset. Dishnetwork has my $299.99 and maybe someday I'll get a 622. Would you like to be treated like this? Is there anything you can do to help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)