Just Discovered A Freebie... Kind Of

mindgrind

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
Perhaps some of you have already found this out, but I sure didn't know---

I have a tv that I didn't get a FiosTV box for because of little use. It was left hooked up to the incoming coaxial cable line minus the box, and after turning it on today I discovered that it has all the FiosTV local channels feed.

Just switch your tv to cable reception and do a channel search and you'll pick up all the locals with a nice clear picture- including HDNet (unless some other local channel shows their crappy Judge Show).

So there you have it, if you have a tv in a room that you don't need 200 channels for, save some money and don't get the box and enjoy the locals for free.

You mean you can get analog tv from fios? Or how does this work? I'm interested, does the ont attach to you coaxial cables? Maybe it takes the digital signal and puts it out on the cable inh anolog for the tv to take it. Or you just have a digital tv with qam or something.

Last edited:
Yes, locals and some basic are passed through as analog, this was discusssed prior. So you can split the cable from the ONT and have analog at addition outlets with no box. FIOSTV mimics what a current cable company does, minus the lack of bandwidth, so even with those analog channels, they can add a boatload of HD channels and not have any issues. Gotta love Fiber!

Yes, this seems to work with both the "black box" that has a coax out as well as they used a splitter from the original cable line outside. It is an analog signal and is not the quality of what you get with their boxes- nice in a pinch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)