Just discovered

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Am new to dish and the hopper and just figured out if something I'm recording runs long for example today's NASCAR race then the hopper still records it till the end of the broadcast. Very nice feature.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It actually monitors the cars pointlessly going round and round waiting for a big crash, and when they go around no more, it stops the recording 5 minutes later. That code was actually added by programmers from North Carolina.

Not funny foghorn haha. Thx osu

Hopper and Dish ViP receivers add 1 hr by default to live sports events, but todays car race ran 2 hours long because of red flags.

Yeah I was watching race and recording at same time and noticed it was still recording even after 3 when it was scheduled to be over. I just assumed it was gonna record till it ended. Cool feature. Heck of a finish and the road courses are my least favorite.

Can you remove the one hour buffer ?

Off topic, but I lost interest in NASCAR many years ago. In the 60's and into the early 70's, a car manufacturer had to make 500 cars available to the public to be able to race. This created intense rivalry. It used to be about Stock Cars. My wife's uncle had a 427 Ford, forget what year and model. Wow, what that thing would be worth today. It used to be called Stock Car Racing. Those thing now are replicas of Stock Cars.

Sorry if my going off topic offended anyone.

You need to get back into NASCAR.

I don't know on the Hopper. On the 722's when you go to set the timer for a sports event just select options and change the end late time from 60 mins to something else. You do have to do that every time for a sporting event, but you can change it.

I think what people mean by non-configurable is that the default can't be changed, it will always add an hour to sporting events unless you manually change it each time you set a timer.

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've set a timer for a sports event and also dug into the options for the timer, so yes, when I said you can't change the 1-hour buffer, I meant you can't disable it (permanently) or adjust the amount of time. It's going to be just like a regular timer, presuming you haven't changed the defaults, that starts 1-minute early and ends 3-minutes late. A sporting event defaults to 1-hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)