Just found this site and looking for some help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nick7461

Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
i am looking at putting satellite on my truck and i dont watch enough tv to justify paying for it but i would like the news and stuff..

has anyone used the vuqube or had any dealing with it you manually set your angles but will it work its pretty small dish?

i am also building a new computer for my truck and i was wondering what tuner cards are the best for this. i have had several cards in the past and wanted to get a good one this time?

i run all 48 states and looking for a good place to start and not have to buy more equipment later.

B4 today i thought the only way to get satellite was dish and direct tv.

links guess i cant post google VuQube Wallace Technologies u will find it

thanks for any input

i am looking at putting satellite on my truck and i dont watch enough tv to justify paying for it but i would like the news and stuff..

has anyone used the vuqube or had any dealing with it you manually set your angles but will it work its pretty small dish?

i am also building a new computer for my truck and i was wondering what tuner cards are the best for this. i have had several cards in the past and wanted to get a good one this time?

i run all 48 states and looking for a good place to start and not have to buy more equipment later.

B4 today i thought the only way to get satellite was dish and direct tv.

links guess i cant post google VuQube Wallace Technologies u will find it

thanks for any input

According to info on the manufacturers site this dish is for Dishnet or DirectTv.
It's too small for true FTA.

From manufacturers website:
Specifications:

Height: 17.5" Width: 16" Weight: 10.5 lbs Service Compatibility: DIRECTV, DISH Network
Bell ExpressVu Power: From Satellite receiver Elevation Range: 7" - 65" Wiring: Single coaxial cable
(50' provided) Satellite Switching: Yes; need to use VuQube remote Signal Acquisition: Remote to set antenna elevation & azimuth;
Less than 5 minutes

alternatives

Sadoun is one of our sites Gold Sponsors, and offers that Vu Qube device.
It's discussed in this thread, with documentation:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/sadoun-...new-product-vu-qube-v10-truck-rv-antenna.html

He also sells another device for pay-TV service, from Winegard:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/sadoun-...ces-winegard-travler-rv-satellite-dishes.html

As mentioned, neither is likely to get any actual FTA signals.
The dishes are just too small.

Quite some time ago, another long-haul trucker was interested in the same problem.
If I recall correctly, we suggested he carry a 30" dish behind his cab (or in it) and pop it on a short mast at the rear of the cab when he parked for the night.
Once you get the hang of aiming such a dish, it's not too bad.
And, depending on which satellite he preferred, he had all the music, news, and other entertainment he needed for the evening.

Did I read somewhere that Dish is doing a prepaid/preloaded card service where you only "pay" for the days you actually turn the receiver on and use it?

Seems like this would be a good answer in this case - that way this dude wouldn't be tied to a subscription - especially one that he/she would not use every day.

Would require hauling around a DN dish and doing the set-up, but that's not rocket science.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fotrec Mercuary II signal meter problem

ABC to switch to Mpeg 4 DVB-S2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)