just got 510's, should I change?

deeredr

Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
Hi
Brand new to forum and have a question
I have had DISH for years and years,own my 4 receivers, 1-4000(think this is the #) and 3-1000 (think this is right?) Anyway, subscribe to a a lot of programming, America's Everything, etc. but not sports or HD TV. Anyway, lots of money a month.

Anyway I also had started wondering why I shouldn't switch to DirectTV for basically free new equipment and TIVO. So I called DISH and I was offered the deal to trade in two receivers (if I want, on their nickel shipping and $24.95 credit per each) and get 2 new 510 DVR for $24.95 shipping for both. A $5 lease per each per month was mentioned.

Now I wonder, is there another deal out there that's better? What's with the 811? Is the 510 ok? Anyone else received a better,different deal? Should I call back and ask for something different? The 510's arrived today and I just looked at them, haven't installed them yet. Was installation supposed to come with them?

In short, is there a better deal that I didn't know enough to ask for?

Any comments will be appreciated, thanks!

The 510 are nice units, and as long as its just a $5 fee, its a good deal.
The 811 is for HD and has some bugs

I have the 508 (just a smaller hard drive), and it works real good :)

I can't answer if the units are good since mine is now en-route. I can however offer some insight to my dealings with Dish.

I had the same runaround and additional "free" charges. 4.95 VOD fee, 5.00 set rental, 24.95 S&H, 5.00 additional set charge. I too have been a customer for years and have a lot of programing. All I did was threaten to get the DirecTV package and be persistent. They waived everything except the VOD fee, including the 24.95 S&H. Even said Can waive that if I get the "Everything Package". Which I am now just short Starz and Showtime.

They try to charge the ridiculous fees and call it free. Dish and DirecTV are having a huge price war and we should all take advantage. When you are a longtime, loyal, and reliable customer they owe that kind of service to us.

Just my .02 cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts