Just got a 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j5races

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Ok just got my 921 from costco in garden grove calif. (they have about 15 more for $489). So i see some tricks for the 921, what do i need to do to it? I noticed that on the 522 if it acts up to do a check switch and a soft reboot, does this apply to the 921? Also it seems to zoom the picture in normal mode (unlike my 6000 that i just turned off, anyone looking for a 6000?)

So what do i do to make it get the latest software?

Also it seems slow to respond to chan commands is it the old software? has it been improved on the newer software?

Anyone know if the 921 will ever get NBR?? I here the 510 is supposed to and now its in the bedroom.... go figure when it doesnt matter it will come...

Dish tech support tells me mpeg-2 will live on for a long time with mpeg-4 strating early next year. The CSR told me he has used a 942 and its works good. Says it like a 921 if you want two rooms of sat.

Thanks in advance, Jon

j5races said:
Ok just got my 921 from costco in garden grove calif. (they have about 15 more for $489). So i see some tricks for the 921, what do i need to do to it? I noticed that on the 522 if it acts up to do a check switch and a soft reboot, does this apply to the 921? Also it seems to zoom the picture in normal mode (unlike my 6000 that i just turned off, anyone looking for a 6000?)

So what do i do to make it get the latest software?

Also it seems slow to respond to chan commands is it the old software? has it been improved on the newer software?

Anyone know if the 921 will ever get NBR?? I here the 510 is supposed to and now its in the bedroom.... go figure when it doesnt matter it will come...

Dish tech support tells me mpeg-2 will live on for a long time with mpeg-4 strating early next year. The CSR told me he has used a 942 and its works good. Says it like a 921 if you want two rooms of sat.

Thanks in advance, Jon

To get the latest, try selecting the download option and wait. It might take a while. Another thing to try is just put it in standbye. What version of software do you have? L211 is the latest.

CHannel changing speed? I have not noticed any difference between my other DVRs.

NBR does not look good.

The 921 is very finicky and quarky. Lots of good info if you look around.

When it works it is amazing (gorgeous picture through a DVI connection, fast guide, huge hard drive). When it doesn't it is infuriating (0 sec. recordings, wrong program labels, 5 minute reboots, etc.).

picture zoomed

It seems that even with the setting on Normal, that the whole picture is zoomed in compared to my 6000 i took out. Is there a way to stop it from zooming in? i know about the preferences screen that lets you move it around but is there a size adjustment? (i dont mean 16X9 vs 4X3, i saw that too)

The wife and i noticed a major decrease in picture quality of SD shows compared to our 510 the 921 replaced. Is there discrete codes for SD HD switch to automate it so we can watch s-vid out most of the time and push a HD button on our marantz 9200 and switch to hd on the dish when we watch hd??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)