Just got a DLP HDTV - now what?

TheMachineRNC

Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Hi,

I just purchased a 52" DLP HDTV from Mitsubishi.
This I put in the basement and so it is TV2 off of my 522 system. I have TV1 in the living room upstairs and a 311 up in the bedroom on the top floor. All connections going to the TVs are coax cable (RG6).

All of this is connected to a Dish 500 dish - yes I can see channel 9900. (err... Does the Dish 500 support HDTV?)

I have some questions.

I've been subscriber for 1 year - Can I upgrade (the 522 to something that supports HD/DVR for 2 rooms) equipment through Dish or do I have to buy a reciever from a dealer locally?

I want to make the TV in the basement become the TV1 (cause it's easier to do RCA, component or s-video when the box is next to the TV rather than in another room) and move the receiver downstairs also. However this will require a reconfigure of the cables coming in from the dish and changing the entry point into the house. Would I call a local dealer for this? or would I call Dish?

Also if I get the dual HD receiver with DRV integrated, can TV1 be HDTV and TV2 be non-HD or vice versa?
Thanks!

Greetings.. And WELCOME TO SATGUYS! Most likely you would want a 622.. The reciver would have to go down in the basement with the hdtv as only the tv 1 location would be in hd. The tv 2 location would be able to view hd programming in SD.. thats the only way it can be set up.

As far as upgrade options tune into the charlie chat tom at 9pm est on ch 101 and that will give you your answers :)

The best route would be to lease the reciver from dish as it will set you back 699 otherwise.

For the reconfiguring of cables they would set you up with a date for installation when your reciver arrives or when you order it for that purpose. :)

the 622 is just like a 522. the only diffrence is the 622 does hd as the 522 does not :)

Now what? Hope the world don't end and hope that HD-Lite gets turned into True HD unless you want quantity over quality.

ViP622 it is, but looks like I'll hold off a bit for now.

$299 to upgrade is a bit steap after plunking down all the money for the TV. I could do the 211, but I really can't live without DVR on the big set after a year of enjoying it.

All Everything with HD for $104 a month is not a bad deal though considering you get all the channels and then add on the 25 HD channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)