Just got a scheduled installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

peallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
Man am I excited, will get the Super Bowl in HD (since I live in the Memphis DMA!!). I went through DTV for installation (I know I'll probably get flamed for that but I am impatent and had to get the stuff), they are coming out next Saturday. A little more a month than what charges me, but I don't care, having FOX HD is a big deal to me.

Does anyone know if they will take down my existing E* stuff? I asked the guy on the phone if they would and he said that if it was in the best location and they needed that spot they would. I can't think of a better spot than where my Dish stuff is.

Now if someone will buy my Dish stuff!!

Hey. I ordered from DirecTV and got the best installers I ever had.
As for the Dish stuff, I had Dish Network prior to having DirecTV. What the installers did was use the "arm/bracket" of the Dish Network so as not to have to rip it out and expose holes on teh roof and have to drill holes elsewhere on the roof. They also used the existing Dish wire. The wire was in good shape so why add to the installation if you don't have to.
Have fun watching HD. I know I am :)

peallen said:
the Super Bowl in HD (since I live in the Memphis DMA!!)
Why is that? If you have access to the local into local service, which MEM does, then you should be ineligible for satellite delivered HD from the networks. You would have to pull it via OTA if WHBQ is in 720p HD.

charper1 said:
Why is that? If you have access to the local into local service, which MEM does, then you should be ineligible for satellite delivered HD from the networks. You would have to pull it via OTA if WPTY is in 720p HD.

This is not true, you are thinking about the qualification method for DNS, not network HD feeds.

"FOX HDTV programming may be available in select markets to some DIRECTV customers who have HD equipment and a TOTAL CHOICE® with Local Channels programming package, or the DIRECTV HD Package. It's available for eligible customers who reside in the following markets: New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, MN, Detroit, MI, Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX, Tampa Bay, FL, Orlando, FL, Cleveland, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Denver, CO, St. Louis, MO, Milwaukee, WI, Kansas City, MO, Salt Lake City, UT, Birmingham, AL, Memphis, TN, Greensboro, NC, Austin, TX, and Ocala, FL. Based on your geographic location, you will receive FOX HDTV programming from WNYW (New York) or KTTV (Los Angeles)."

peallen, Once you get your account activated call the HD eligibilty department at 1 800 263 0028 and ask them to get FOX HD turned on for you.

Memphis FOX is WHBQ. WPTY is ABC. The Memphis FOX is O&O by Fox. WHBQ does not broadcast OTA unless you live in the parking lot of the station, the bad thing is that they have no plans to boost the signal anytime soon.

peallen -

How far from the station do you live? I live 20 miles from an O&O FOX station here in Kansas City and D* is telling me I am not eligible to receive FOXHD through them and I am unable to receive the FOXHD signal OTA since the signal strength is very low. I am not a current D* subscriber but was willing to switch to D* for the Superbowl if I could get it in HD.

I'm not sure how far I live from their tower but it was no problem getting it added once my service was activated. Maybe there is another Fox station near you that might be claiming you can get their signal? I really don't understand these things, all I can tell you is once my system was installed I called the HD dept and it took about 5 seconds and I had FOXHD.

You can visit www.antennaweg.org, type in your address and it will tell you that info. Of course, that would only be to my benefit since you have access to FOXHD. I will try to call the HD eligibility dept again...

Thanks for the info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts