Just got my 921!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

peterd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
Well, I didn't post before it arrived 'cause I didn't want to jinx it. Picked up one that was sold here on the Sat Guys classifieds.

Here's the short, bleary-eyed version:
  • - Arrived at dinnertime... Domestic tranquility dictated that I pause (the setup, not the PVR :) ) after opening the box.[/list:u]
    • - By about 8PM, I was just getting everything wired. Had forgotten that I was using RGB from my 6000, so I had to rig up another input for component. Will have to order a DVI-I -> RGB adapter.[/list:u]
      • - Got it activated around 8:15. Added as additional receiver. Glad I kept the 6000 active, 'cause it's obvious to me that I'll still need it![/list:u]
        • - Took quite a while to force it to see my local OTA channels consistently (1 scan, then many times around the individual "Add DTV" whenever it lost all OTA).[/list:u]
          • - After another call to Dish, got CBS-HD turned on @ 148. Definitely necessary since there's guide info for it (no info for my local CBS) and it is more stable than OTA.[/list:u]
            • - I've hit lots of bugs, and managed to cause it to spontaneously reboot 2 or 3 times.[/list:u]
              • - Now have lots of timers set up. We'll see how well it handles them![/list:u]
                That's it for now. Will post observations on the forum tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)