Just got my 922 UGH!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

emdoller

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I've already pulled it off my main TV and put it in my bedroom!

I've had every dish HD receiver since they first came out. Up until today, I've been using the 622 and the 722. I replaced the 622 on my main 63" Samsung plasma and after 2 hours yanked it out because the picture just wasn't as good as my 722/622!

It looked blurry and soft... even my wife could tell! When I hooked the 722 back up it looked a whole lot better. Both were hooked up via HDMI. I'm disappointed.

Anyone else see this is it me / my 922? Does anyone know what they changed in the video processing if anything?

The only reason I'm keeping is so my kid can sling TV when she goes to college in 4 days although I only have a 50/50 hit rate when I go to the dish website to even use it... UGH!

Ed

must be something wrong with config or the unit itself - i replaced a 622 with a 922 on a 58" 2010 model samsung plasma last week and the picture is fantastic - noticably sharper than the 622. have you checked the HDTV config under menu, settings? you'll want 720p and 16 x 9 - might be on 480p by default. also the 922 does settle down after a couple of days - e.g. search doesn't work for the first 24 hours - seems like it's indexing during that time.

I've already pulled it off my main TV and put it in my bedroom!

I've had every dish HD receiver since they first came out. Up until today, I've been using the 622 and the 722. I replaced the 622 on my main 63" Samsung plasma and after 2 hours yanked it out because the picture just wasn't as good as my 722/622!

It looked blurry and soft... even my wife could tell! When I hooked the 722 back up it looked a whole lot better. Both were hooked up via HDMI. I'm disappointed.

Anyone else see this is it me / my 922? Does anyone know what they changed in the video processing if anything?

The only reason I'm keeping is so my kid can sling TV when she goes to college in 4 days although I only have a 50/50 hit rate when I go to the dish website to even use it... UGH!

Ed

Did you go in settings-> hdtv menu and make sure your settings are 1080i/ 16x9.

Yes, I went into the settings and tried 720P and 1080i. Both of them just looked a bit on the fuzzy side (hard to explain). I'm very critical when it comes to picture quality and notice just about everything. Even this morning in my bedroom where I have a 32" LCD the streaming stock ticker on CNBC HD just didn't look as sharp as my 722 or 622. The 922 seems to make my eyes tired... very strange.

If it's just me that's seeing this, perhaps my unit has something wrong with it but I doubt it...

I wouldn't say it is much better, but I did have the 922 and 722k on the same tv running through the same AV receiver and I thought the 922 looked a bit better. However I might have been making myself think that to justify my switch. But in no way does it look worse. I think either you have a bad unit or a bit of user setup error. ;)

a better picture? with NO FEATURES!

i think this better picture talk is coming from the hd guide

i notice no difference in picture between 922 and the 722k which did occupy same tv as 922 now does

I 've had the 622 and when I upgraded to the 722 a year later , I saw a difference in pq. When I upgraded to the 722k a year later, I saw a difference in pq. This year I upgraded to the 922 and I once again saw a difference in pq. It wasn't a WOW difference ,but it was a difference. Each new generation of the dvr has the latest generation of broad band chip in it that is supposed to improve the picture quality. Last May I gave my parents my 722k and replaced the older 622 I had given them years ago. There was a definite difference in pq on their tv over what they had. They looked at the tv and said: that looks much sharper, and it did look much better than before. The 622 dvr had the same menus and guides as the 722k so it was an increase in pq that we saw . The 922 has new graphics and menus, guides ,etc, which do look nice, but to me the picture looks better even on sd channels.

i just had my 922 installed yesterday and the picture is noticeably better on my TV. i would give dish a call and have them take a look at your unit or replace it.

Looks like it's either my eyes or my receiver. I'll record the same show on both and then hook them both up go my TV so I can do a true comparison. I'll let you know what I find.

....This year I upgraded to the 922 and I once again saw a difference in pq. It wasn't a WOW difference ,but it was a difference.
... and you're paying addition $$ per month for that feature. Add to that, basic features that the 622-722k support aren't there for this "production" box. :(
With the Absolute HD fiasco in the last couple of days, that double slap in the face has got to have some of the subs livid.:rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)