Just Got My Dish HD

wkilpatrick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
The guy came out today and installed another 500 Satellite and we now have Dish HD. Only problem my wife realized right before I had to go to work is that the reciever was in dual mode, but she could not control the tv upstairs. The only thing on the screen was "You now have a Dish 1000 Satellite" or something along those lines. She couldn't change the channels. Anyone have a suggestions on what caused this? I am going to check it out in the morning when I get home.

Hmm 1st I think you only need one Dish which it most likely should be a Dish 1000. Also what receiver did they install a 622??

Did you check to make sure the TV2 remote is set to the right address to control TV2? Not at home right now, but on your TV1 remote hit Menu then system installation. Somewhere in there it will tell you what addresses your remotes are set to.

Don't worry about the additional 500, in many parts of the country you really need on e in order to get the 129 sat. The 1000 will work, but definitely with a lot of problems.

As for the second TV, I would bet there is a remote issue. There was on my new VIP622, the first TV worked fine, but the second remote was not configured correctly. Check out the manual, and it will describe how to set the remote address. Good luck!

The remote was configured right. I called Dish and we got it fixed. I thought they were just bring out another dish to replace the 500 but i guess they didn't have any. No biggie. As long as I have my HD, i am not to picky. LOL.

2 dishes are better than 1000

I thought they were just bring out another dish to replace the 500 but i guess they didn't have any. No biggie. As long as I have my HD, i am not to picky. LOL.

You're better off with two dishes. The 1000 is not that great for the 129 satellite where a lot of the HD is coming from.

Enjoy your new HD programming!

Larry
SF