GEOSATpro Just got my Micro....my opinion is....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Just got my Micro Hd yesterday. I'm comparing it to my old S9 receiver. I love the small size!
1. The moving dish "bug" is an annoyance...S9 had the same issue though
2. My biggest complaint is there are no letters next to the numbers at the top of the remote. Makes it difficult
to edit names.

3. Otherwise seems to be a good unit. Blindscan works good and finds stuff about the same speed as the s9 did. Works much better than the s9 at finding the lower symbol rates! I found my old 2009 version Ali editor I used with the S9 wouldn't work with my Micro...downloaded the new editor and so far so good.

Why anyone would buy an s9 or s10 etc...at this point I don't know...I'd go with the Micro Hd

Blind

My biggest complaint is there are no letters next to the numbers at the top of the remote. Makes it difficult
to edit names.

A new microHD container arrives from the factory next week with the updated alpha/numeric remotes. Replacement remotes are available, but I found that I quickly remembered the alpha placement.

Brian, I'll get used to the remote..having programmed enough receivers like most of us have over the years. I appreciate the great product and support!

Draw you a picture of the remote on a piece of paper(just the numbers) and write above each number the letters for that button. Place in on the wall beside your easy chair, until you have them memorized.;)

should just design a sticker that you can peel and stick onto the remote (with holes in the sticker for the buttons). Can't think it'd be more than a buck or two including first class shipping to send it if one were developed and sold.

I got a reason for ya. Look at the back of your Micro. How many video outputs do you see? "Some" of us need more than HDMI and that makes that Micro useless for my systems.

What's wrong with the composite output? Mine works fine, i use the HDMI output for my big tv and
the composite output for a small tv in the kitchen that my wife watches when she is there.
Tede

I don't have a newer TV in my room...I have an old single video and single audio RCA component TV with built-in VCR I had bought my mom for Christmas about 8 years ago. I've hooked up a DVD player and the microHD to it with the mini-composite outputs. One thing that I found for 3 or 4 dollars on ebay that was really nice was a 3 port "video game" switch. It adds extra component length to the microHD and allows me to switch between the DVD player and the satellite receiver. I used a "boom box" dvd player for audio output, although if I wanted the purest simplicity without worrying about sound, I would have to worry about sending audio to the boom box.

Let me show you what I'm talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-In-1-Out-Video-Audio-RCA-AV-Selector-Switch-Switcher-/320944814003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts