Just got off the phone with a CSR

polksda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Urbana, IL
It took me about 10 minutes on hold to get a human; considerably longer than usual. We ended up chatting for about 20 minutes. I asked him point blank about the message on the web site and he read me a press release that he had been given when he returned from lunch. It was standard boilerplate about "business as usual" and continuing to offer services, etc.

The phone hold blather still refers people to the website, which is in and of itself humorous.

I went ahead and upped my subscription to Va Va Voom, figuring I have nothing to lose. If Voom ceases broadcasting, I've got a month of movies free. If they're still in business, I'll bump back down.

The CSR seeemed very upbeat and friendly, and gave me a list of the new channels that they are supposedly still rolling out.

*shrug*

Who knows...

no offense people, but when they start sending out layoff notices through the WARN act this is it.

I just got off the line with voom and the message did not mention the website. Also upgraded to VaVaVoom, if it lasts i'll decide if its worth it. I figure when I'm an old man I want to be able to say "I was there..." :)

the list

the list of new channels are not hd.
all discovery channels times, kids
all history channels international, military
cnn international
fox movie channel
2 country channels
and i forgot the other ones since they werent sports channels nor were they in hd.
you can call your self and ask they have a list
also i was told dvr june or july

What is wrong with you people?? This sh*t is over!! Get a freaking life for God's sake!!! Santa Claus is your Daddy, the Easter bunny is not real, the tooth fairy is yo mama...Wake the F* up. It is freaking over. Get a life!

ddlsmith said:
What is wrong with you people?? This sh*t is over!! Get a freaking life for God's sake!!! Santa Claus is your Daddy, the Easter bunny is not real, the tooth fairy is yo mama...Wake the F* up. It is freaking over. Get a life!
Flame on... The milkman is your daddy, so I win cuz santa is cooler :D

ddlsmith said:

I hope your watching JL and Rick, Now this is a personal attack on all of us that are morning.

so ddlsmith, do you think there is any chance that voom will keep going after march 31?

danielle_s said:
I hope your watching JL and Rick, Now this is a personal attack on all of us that are morning.
I am grieving too. I loved VOOM. I am not flaming you, I just want it to continue and I do not think it will. I am sorry. I just don't know what to do but take out my anger against those who blindly think everything is wonderful. Sorry for the outburst. I am very sad.

were all sad

Were all sad but if we think positive thoughts maybe Voom will continue there service somehow, i will enjoy Voom until the very end but if Voom continues we will all be happy. :D

I'm there too. Call me naive....you say that I'm dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I just don't see a service like this ending like the last episode of the Govenor & JJ.

We've got 30 days. Something will happen. Thirty days is a long time.

Jamey K said:
We've got 30 days. Something will happen. Thirty days is a long time.

Just for factual correctness, the site says it will cease operation by the end of march. That means anytime between now and then. I just hope we get some real warning.

zombie said:
Just for factual correctness, the site says it will cease operation by the end of march. That means anytime between now and then. I just hope we get some real warning.
The Monday press release said "in no less than 30 days". Feb 28 plus 30 still makes it under the wire.

JL

justalurker said:
And you will note that it didn't come from us.

Click the red triangle on the post and report it to a mod. I've already reached my quota for today.

JL
coon.jpg

OOPS!! Sorry!!

I really hope Voom adds Fox Sports West. I was told by a CSR that they will be adding channels slowly all month so if the first batch of channels doesn't have what you are looking for to wait for the next etc. He also said that as far as he knows, Voom will not go out of business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts