Just got Sky Angel! its wonderful!!

comtastic

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
California
I can't say enough good things about Sky Angel. I got my box a couple days ago and I can't quit watching! It is my pie in the sky lol. I have it hooked up wireless and have 3.0 mbs dsl. (DSL PRO) . I have had no tech problems just fun listening and watching my favorite Christian Music. I am also learning more about Christ.

I am so pleased. I love how you can go back 48 hours on the faith channels it is awesome! I love the radio the old shows like Dennis the Mennace etc. Get one if you can.

In Christ,

Israel

I am also learning more about Christ.

Indeed!!! Praise the Lord for that!

Now if you want to expand the blessing, consider adding an FM transmitter that will allow you to send Sky Angel audio to every radio in your house, basement, garage, and yard. It's easy! I also bought a second Sky Angel remote and a remote extender that allows me to change the channel from anywhere in my house. I can turn Sky Angel on and change channels in the middle of the night right from my bed.

What are your favorite radio channels? TV channels? Specific programs?

God bless!!
Janet

I ordered the 30 day trial.

I must say the CSR's at SkyAgnel are very nice.

I am sending it back. (The voices seem to be off)

I wonder if SkyAngel has ever thought about multicasting their channels on a KU BAND satellite? (Similar to One Way internet) the dish would hookup to a device that would hand off and Ethernet port or wifi with the streams.

This way people without broadband could still be able to get the streams.

Indeed!!! Praise the Lord for that!

Now if you want to expand the blessing, consider adding an FM transmitter that will allow you to send Sky Angel audio to every radio in your house, basement, garage, and yard. It's easy! I also bought a second Sky Angel remote and a remote extender that allows me to change the channel from anywhere in my house. I can turn Sky Angel on and change channels in the middle of the night right from my bed.

What are your favorite radio channels? TV channels? Specific programs?

God bless!!
Janet

My favorite channels are Spirit Television and family net because they show Charles Stanley daily! I also like blue highways TV and on the radio channels I like them all so much. I wish they would add some other channels like game show network and tv land. I could then cut back further on my Directv service.

I am thinking about an fm transmitter also the radio channels are so awesome.

Israel

P.S. Its refreshing to receive so much good entertainment. I am sooo sick of mainstream tv now days with so much of the reality shows Its nice to see shows like Hazel and such. Go Sky Angel!

FamilyNet is my favorite TV channel. I enjoy the two morning talk shows. That channel will just keep getting better now that it is owned by In Touch ministries.

Remember that an FM transmitter will allow you to listen to audio of TV channels as well.

I also have cable and do enjoy it. However, as I watched a testimony on FamilyNet last night before I went to bed, I thought about how much more impact that had on my day than anything on the secular channels.

I wonder if SkyAngel has ever thought about multicasting their channels on a KU BAND satellite? (Similar to One Way internet) the dish would hookup to a device that would hand off and Ethernet port or wifi with the streams.

sadly most providers seem to have the "one or the other" mentality...what I mean is its either SA or free to air (KU Band). There are some channels on both providers but we've seen providers leave KU Band to go to Sky Angel or they say "we're in a exclusive agreement with Sky Angel"

FamilyNet is my favorite TV channel. I enjoy the two morning talk shows. That channel will just keep getting better now that it is owned by In Touch ministries.

Remember that an FM transmitter will allow you to listen to audio of TV channels as well.

I also have cable and do enjoy it. However, as I watched a testimony on FamilyNet last night before I went to bed, I thought about how much more impact that had on my day than anything on the secular channels.

Well I went ahead and got wireless headphones for the radio channels so I can listen to them at night. I have a hard time sleeping and music helps me relax and go to sleep. It will work out great! I did not know In Touch owned family net. I think that is great it will get much better.

I know what you mean I haven't watched much of Directv since i got SA. I think I will go down in package on Directv.

I ordered the 30 day trial.

I must say the CSR's at SkyAgnel are very nice.

I am sending it back. (The voices seem to be off)

This way people without broadband could still be able to get the streams.

The voices are off....... what speed is your broadband connection?
#2 Was your sky angel router connecting to your network via wireless or directly wired to your router?
#3 What channel were the voices off or was it on multiple channels?

sadly most providers seem to have the "one or the other" mentality...what I mean is its either SA or free to air (KU Band). There are some channels on both providers but we've seen providers leave KU Band to go to Sky Angel or they say "we're in a exclusive agreement with Sky Angel"

I think you will see the day when some of those "exclusive agreements" come to an end and the channels return to Ku/C-band FTA.

Think about it. The reason many of the Christian TV stations exist is to spread the Gospel message around the world. How can they do that if the only way to get the Gospel message requires subscribing to Sky Angel.

I know Spirit TV is gone, but the videos were always outdated. JCTV has much better programming and is available of C-Band and Ku band.

Last edited:
correct. But when SA satellite was going belly up there were lots of channels that we (the members here) thought maybe they could come to Glorystar. Some of the channels said "we have an exclusive agreement with SA IPTV"

I wish they could be on both :)

I think you will see the day when some of those "exclusive agreements" come to an end and the channels return to Ku/C-band FTA.

Think about it. The reason many of the Christina TV stations exist is to spread the Gospel message around the world. How can they do that if the only way to get the Gospel message requires subscribing to Sky Angel.

I know Spirit TV is gone, but the videos were always outdated. JCTV has much better programming and is available of C-Band and Ku band.

JCTV is also available over the air in many markets.

yep. As long as the TBN station is in digital you'll get all 5 channels (TBN, TBN Spanish, Church Channel, JCTV & SOAC)

Sadly Minneapolis has a low powered analog TBN station

There is hope yet - most TBN low power stations have filed for Digital Flash Cut. So viewers may find that in February 2009, all the TBN digital networks will be available. (However, they are all on FTA anyway. I truly think FTA is the best "digital transition" for those folks outside of the major population centers.)

FWIW, TBN's K25IA LP in Minneapolis will flash cut to digital - see REC Broadcast Query .

There is hope yet - most TBN low power stations have filed for Digital Flash Cut. So viewers may find that in February 2009, all the TBN digital networks will be available. (However, they are all on FTA anyway. I truly think FTA is the best "digital transition" for those folks outside of the major population centers.)

FWIW, TBN's K25IA LP in Minneapolis will flash cut to digital - see REC Broadcast Query .

Do any of the major news networks.... like CBS, NBC, ABC broadcast on FTA as well on the same satellite as TBN and other Christian channels ?

You should probably post that in the FTA or GloryStar forums but you could add a 2nd FTA antenna and do it that way. Also, I have Miami in my Dish spotbeam coverage on 119 and can get it's locals using a FTA receiver. But then who knows how long this may continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)