Just got some C-band equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

EXECRATE

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Hi guys i am new here,very nice site keep up the good work.
I was given a trx 1520 with a big dish ( about 12') and i was wondering what can it be used for. i know it is C band and i think it have a chaparal lnb with a feedhorn. if i buy a FTA satellite receiver can it used with conjuction of the Toshiba trx 1520 and if not can i at least use the dish and the LNB. thank you

yes you could do both.... there are till a couple of analog channels up plus some feeds jump in and out. a DVB receiver add a whole new encounter.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page at TheList and see some info about what's on C-band these days for DVB/FTA receivers.

You may want to keep the old analog receiver around to move the dish.
I'm assuming it's motorized.
Post some pictures if you have trouble with it.

As for setting it up after relocating it to your back yard, read all of this site and you'll be an expert. :rolleyes:

thanks guys. i closely examined the receiver today and yes it is motorized, it also has a c and ku band lnbs with feedhorn. went online and downloaded the manual for it. i will strart working on it today. will post if have any problems . thanks again guys!!

Hi guys!! got new questions: would a BSC-621 LNB work with the kind of equipments i have? and if yes which one, i know that there is two a standard Ku and an universal Ku. i am trying to get both C and KU signals using one coax cable. Also what is a good Digital Satellite receiver with a good price, i was looking at buying the FORTEC MERCURY II from SADOUN is that a good one and will it work with the TRX-1520. thank you

it will work for the merc but i suspect the toshiba will have trouble sorting c & ku from a single coax ( i haven't tried) most of the older analog receivers like one coax for each.

the bsc-621 is ok for analog but the bsc621-2 is a universal and i don't think the analog will work with those freqs ( they are basically preset on the toshiba). this is for the ku analog side. either one will work for the merc on the digital side with both bands.

i have just about stopped using my analog receiver ( except for a few wild feeds every once in a while) and i subsutituted a v-box to move the big dish .... for me this works great the DVB receiver controls the motor now. just another option.

Status
Please reply by conversation.