Just got the hookup from the best Customer Service Rep ever!

demologik

Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Covington
Been a DISH customer for over 6 years now, and recently had to move to a new house after renting it for almost 7 years.. Called DISH to see what it'd take to transfer my service to my new address and possibly upgrade to the Hopper 3 setup from our current Hopper Sling setup.. Spent over an hour on the phone with Matt, who not only was super helpful and informative, but got my monthly bill reduced by $15 and was able to cut my upgrade fee of $100, in HALF. Felt like I made a new friend throughout that hour of random conversations and sharing personal stories and just basically chatting while he did his job.. I was on the brink of just cancelling because I thought there'd be some huge upgrade cost associated with moving the service and equipment setup to a new address, along with some sort of additional deposit since my current bill was past due because I have been so preoccupied with the moving process.. Anyway. if you're reading this Matt from Denver, CO - Operator ID "JEM" Thanks man! You have restored my faith in customer service, and are a perfect example of how EVERY person who works in the Customer Service industry should strive to be! I actually feel like the company as a whole, appreciates my loyalty over the 6 years i've used their service. Great job, Matt. - Jeff from Covington, WA

Been a DISH customer for over 6 years now, and recently had to move to a new house after renting it for almost 7 years.. Called DISH to see what it'd take to transfer my service to my new address and possibly upgrade to the Hopper 3 setup from our current Hopper Sling setup.. Spent over an hour on the phone with Matt, who not only was super helpful and informative, but got my monthly bill reduced by $15 and was able to cut my upgrade fee of $100, in HALF. Felt like I made a new friend throughout that hour of random conversations and sharing personal stories and just basically chatting while he did his job.. I was on the brink of just cancelling because I thought there'd be some huge upgrade cost associated with moving the service and equipment setup to a new address, along with some sort of additional deposit since my current bill was past due because I have been so preoccupied with the moving process.. Anyway. if you're reading this Matt from Denver, CO - Operator ID "JEM" Thanks man! You have restored my faith in customer service, and are a perfect example of how EVERY person who works in the Customer Service industry should strive to be! I actually feel like the company as a whole, appreciates my loyalty over the 6 years i've used their service. Great job, Matt. - Jeff from Covington, WA
Your were obviously blessed with talking with Matt (Speedy) Gonzalez, who has been the cornerstone of DIRT almost from their beginning. He will always treat you right. Only thing that concerns me is, he is on phone duty now?

Actually, the OP identified his Matt as "JEM" so I doubt that they assigned that handle to more than one CSR.

I have no idea how many Matts there are in Denver?
However I work at a Home Depot in the plumbing department and I am the forth Bob in that department. I gets interesting when we are all there at the same time and someone yells Bob.

Dish Mover is supposed to be free. The upgrade to the H3 can be anywhere from $0 to $200 with or without a $90 install fee. I got the H3 for zero dollars the install was $10 plus a six month commitment of $8/month for the service contract.

I have forwarded this to Matt's supervisor, as well as their manager and general manager, to ensure he gets your feedback.

This was not Speedy from the DIRT team.

I'm glad you got taken care of and got someone who knew what he was doing.

Every video provider now a days pays attention to movers, as this behind non pay disconnects are the second most biggest reason for customer churn.

I sign people up for new service all day long, and I hear "I'm moving" all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)