Just had Directv installed, couple of ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cane99

Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I had my install today, the installer called me at 8:30 to let me know he would be at my house at 11, to my surprise he was actually early.

The install went great, it took about 3 HRs

My questions are:

The HD DVR is a h-21, should I want an h-20 or be happy with this one? The only downside to this receiver is there is no input to connect an antenna and my wife loves Smallville and we use an antenna for the CW as well as a couple of other channels that are HD in the area.

If it would be better for me to have the h-20 what should I do to get this receiver?

All and all, the picture looks 10x better than dish and I can't wait to play with it some more.

Last edited:
10X better that dish get real bubba!!

Get your glasses check!!

I can't wait to play with it some more. You think!

does ur tv have a dtv input? if it does, plug ur antenna there and do a search on ur digital channels on ur tv alone.

10X better that dish get real bubba!!

Get your glasses check!!

I can't wait to play with it some more. You think!
Zenith why do you feel the need to come into every directv forum and talk in poor english about someones choice? He thinks it is alot better, what does it matter to you? State your opinion, thats fine, but the way you do it is childish at best

I had my install today, the installer called me at 8:30 to let me know he would be at my house at 11, to my surprise he was actually early.

The install went great, it took about 3 HRs

My questions are:

The HD DVR is a h-21, should I want an h-20 or be happy with this one? The only downside to this receiver is there is no input to connect an antenna and my wife loves Smallville and we use an antenna for the CW as well as a couple of other channels that are HD in the area.

If it would be better for me to have the h-20 what should I do to get this receiver?

All and all, the picture looks 10x better than dish and I can't wait to play with it some more.
If you want OTA then yes the HR-20 is the only way to go. Id call and see if they would do a swap out. Otherwise the boxes are basically the same, main difference is the color

HR-20 vs HR-21

I am moving back to Directv (was with DTV from 2002-2005)as well after leaving them for the ill-fated but fantastic VOOM in 2005. I then went to Comcast for a year and have been the former leader of HD-TV: Dishnetwork for a year and a half. I must admit I will miss the VIP 622 HDDVR and its ability to independently run 2 TVs simultaneously. I will also miss some of the Voom channels that Dish has (especially Equator and World Cinema). But I had to go with the HD explosion by Directv. My install is Saturday morning. I hope I will be getting an HR-20 since I have a rooftop antenna. I guess I'd better call to make sure I get the HR-20 not the 21.
Wayne

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)