Just had my first major incident

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
Had two recordings going and was thumbing through the guide when suddenly, the screen went to snow. The blue TV2 light and TV2 recording light, the Dual Mode light and the TV1 recording light all went out. The TV1 light stayed on but the screen was snow. The device seemed to restart, then acquired the signal, then began to download the guide. I stopped the download to allow the recordings to continue. As soon as it stopped, it repeated everything I just said. Once the guide finally downloaded, the recordings began after a 5 minute interruption. The automatic update is scheduled for 5am so this is not anything scheduled. Anyone else have this happen?

Many times. Just an undocumented 'feature'. It helps to re-boot periodically. I usually do it in the morning when nothing is being recorded.

The GOD seems to be a feature that is increasing in regularity on my system I may have to start rebooting the unit every morning to see if that helps its getting very irritating. I dare not touch the guide button if I have both tuners recording and about a 50/50 chance if only 1 tuners recording. Also have been observing short freezes both audio and video when both tuners start recording at the same time while I am watching a pre recorded event. I have around 10 hours on the hard drive so its not even close to being full. version L205 software got to love being a beta tester.

I had another "Guide of Death" experience last night. I can't re-produce it at will but when it happens it seems to be when I am in another menu (like the DVR list) and I press the Guide button on the remote. Never had it happen when just paging through the guide.

Hold down the Power button on the 522 itself for 6 seconds and the device will restart.

I never push the Guide button anymore. If I want to get to the guide, I go through the menu. It's a hassle but better than waiting for the receiver to reboot.

Bimmerbenz

jbess said:
Could you explain this re-boot. is it more than just powering down both tuners?

Yes... the recievers are just small computers.

Rebooting them is the basic same as rebooting your computer. It stops all hardware and operating system turns it off, turns it back on and brings it back online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts