Just installed the new HR24 HD Gui, and it's painfully slow!!!

jmcgee_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Kirkland, WA
So I have an HR24-500 installed the hd gui about 2 hours or so ago. Now using the receiver is painfully slow. If I hit guide it takes about 8 seconds for it to show up, if i select a new channel in the guide to watch it takes about 10 seconds to change. I understand that this is still CE but is it really? I thought it was being rolled out now? Is their any way to fix it?

Mine was like that too, when I first got the CE HD GUI - turn it off, go to bed, open presents, and it should be better by the time the NBA games start.

it needs to download the guide so it will be sluggish the 1st 6 hours or so

as noted...go to bed and tomorrow it will be better. If you want to go back to the SD GUI tomorrow morning do a reboot then the 0-2-4-6-8 thing. You'll get the SD GUI national release

also go into the display options on your receiver and make sure the scroll effects its turned off this makes a big difference in the scrolling speed of the guide.

Same issue here. For me the guide is fast, but everything else is painfully slow. It has been about 4 days now since I've downloaded it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts