Just installed the Sling Adapter

PokerMunkee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Woodland Park, CO
HOLY CRAP. This thing is sweet, why did I wait so long?? Best $30 spent ever.

I only have 896Kbps upload on my DSL line, so watching SD quality is the best on my 4G Android phone. But it does the job. I can't wait to watch my sports games on the phone when out and about.

Does any other provider offer this technology?

Not integrated like sling and dish. You can buy a sling box and connect it to other providers boxes.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

DirecTV's isn't the same. They have a device (Nomad) that will copy shows from your DVR to a mobile device. Then you can watch it later, offline, not stream real-time like Sling. Their TV Everywhere doesn't exist yet, but I expect it's no different than the online streaming Dish and others do with certain providers today via TV Everywhere.

A little of topic I think, but direct does have an iPad app that you can watch live tv. But it's not all channels

Yep, Sling adapter was the best $0 I ever spent (got the rebate!)

Though it is far from complete, mainly with the buggy Dish Online/Dish Remote Access website.

best $0 I ever spent
Though it is far from complete, mainly with the buggy Dish Online/Dish Remote Access website.

agreed, best $0 ever spent!

you know though, the sling adapter is being used mostly for streaming Sirius (wish we had access via our DishOnline account like HBO-GO, etc...) and still mainly use the PRO HD for video.

Yep, Sling adapter was the best $0 I ever spent (got the rebate!)

i just got my sling today, haven't been able to access it at all with dish remote access, or dish online. However I can view it from slingbox.com but I have no guide or dvr that way. Wish the dish app worked and didn't list me as offline all the time.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

I've got 4 of them. 2 were installed with my 2 hoppers and joeys monday. Dish guy called to have them added to my account. I guess they got confused and sent me 2 by ups today. Now to figure why my bill is over $300 this month and get these back to dish.

I've got 4 of them. 2 were installed with my 2 hoppers and joeys monday. Dish guy called to have them added to my account. I guess they got confused and sent me 2 by ups today. Now to figure why my bill is over $300 this month and get these back to dish.

If you need any help, please just PM your account or phone number and I can look into this for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts