Just installed yesterday!

srd1

Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
:D
I just got my install yesterday, 2 room setup with 942 and HD, $250 lease fee, $19.99 for 180 for 3 months, 6 months free HD pack, second dish free (for locals) called and added Voom this morning $5 per month. Other than dealing with CSR's that wanted to charge $100 if we ordered Voom when placing the original order everything went great. I'm a former D* sub and I have to say that the SD picture quality on Dish is considerably better. HD..... :D So far I'm able to get 2 locals OTA out of 4 I should get but I may need to amplify the antenna.

I tried to get D* to cut me a deal before switching, and customer retention wouldn't even give me a credit to cover the cost of a basic HD receiver. Today when I was actually cancelling, guess what they were willing to offer :shocked

TuxCoder said:
justalunker?

Judging from the first 8 of your only 9 posts so far, you don't like E* do you?

With JL...it is nothing personal. He just likes being disagreeable but most of the time knows what he is talking about.

gutter said:
With JL...it is nothing personal. He just likes being disagreeable but most of the time knows what he is talking about.

This is not justaluRker. It's justaluNker. Are they one in the same?

No they aren't the same.

justalunker is posting from work at Raytheon.

asousa also share's an IP with him on some posts, so maybe they're the same person or a co-worker he can track down...

gutter said:
My post above was to point out that this isn't justalurker... I was just going for subtlety. :)

Actually, D* did offer up a credit to offset the cost of a receiver but it was too late. The addition of Voom put my decision over the top to begin with but now that I see the PQ is better all the way across the board, I'm very pleased with the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts