Just lost NFL Network in Comcast of Toms River

NYRANGERS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Manahawkin, NJ
I was just watching Ghost Rider and noticed the time on the cable box went off and boot came on. So after the movie ended I went and looked at what changed hoping that new HD channels were added. I noticed that channel 999 that had the announcement of the NFL Network being taken away was gone so when I went to the NFL Networks channel it now says to call to order NFL.

Hmm... So you just lost it today? I'm on Comcast of Ocean County and lost it on 6/20, as did the majority of NJ.

You'll need the Sports Entertainment Package for $4.95 extra to continue to get it. Comcast won some court battle, which allowed them to move it out of the Digital Plus package and into the Sports Entertainment Package.

I just also noticed that since that time last night they have added channel 886, 887, 888, and 889. Which are OnDemand channels for Shopping, Automotive, Entertainment, and Searchlight.

Also what is really odd is that Bloomberg TV is in the Sports and Entertainment package... Financials are Entertainment? Hmm, maybe the stock market is a sport afterall..

About time they are able to charge the people who accutly want these channels. and not force everyone to pay for them.
I say al a carte et al. Let the subscriber pay for the channels they actually want and stop subsidizing channels that few watch. If these channels can't find enough paying viewers/advertisers, then they shouldn't be polluting the airwaves.

That would make TV Very expensive. At least with the tiered system they have now you have the bulk buying power. The problem isnt so much ala carte its networks that think they can charge almost 2.50 for a channel per month per sub, and FORCE the cable company to have EVERY customer get the channel. Ya wonder why your bill is so high? Their ya go. These channels make a fortune on these monthly revenues and they still force you to sit through countless commercials and sponsorships. Ya know Im ok with NBC/ABC etc having tons of commercials their programming is esstenial free to the consumer. However say ESPN charges you 2.50 to watch their ads.

They shouldn't take a channel away once you have it they should only remove it for the new subscribers[grandfather it in for the rest of us].

Acutally I replaced my boxes because of some problem with my Ondemand and only then did I lose NFL Network, around 6/25-ish

Acutally I replaced my boxes because of some problem with my Ondemand and only then did I lose NFL Network, around 6/25-ish

Coindidence IMO I think most people "lost" it sometime in June. We lost it mid june here I believe. Although when I called I got the whole tier for 1.99/mo for a year then it'll be 4.99. I figured it was worth it for at least the 1st
year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts